★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Quad-Linq
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 19.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A super villain has turned all the adorable pets of Pleasantville into fanatic monsters. Can you save them?

Play as Tess, a lovable trainee wizard, as he embarks with his helpful puppy companion. Join these brave adventurers, as they are challenged by enchanted jelly blobs and angry brown golems. Along your search, rescue adorable puppies as you save the land with your wizardly powers. Stay on your toes and test your reflexes in this action packed adventure!

-Rich immersive world
-Discover and unlock new spells
-Boss fights
-Huge replayability
-Lustrous treasures to find
-Refined intuitive controls
-Action adventure (with RPG elements)
-Upgrade your spells (Recently ADDED!!!)
-Puppy companion (Recently ADDED!!!)

Vovin's comments:

Downloading as we speak...
02-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Those graphics are from something...I recognize the dungeon walls and stairs, but I can't figure out what.

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
02-14-2012, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magihiro View Post
Those graphics are from something...I recognize the dungeon walls and stairs, but I can't figure out what.
My immediate thought was Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana, but I'm not 100% sure.
02-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
My immediate thought was Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana, but I'm not 100% sure.
The game uses tile sets that are similar to those of countless other J and KRPGs. Whether they're actually original, bought as stock, or cribbed, who knows.

As to the game itself, it's basically an interesting blend of Zelda and bullet-hell shooter. It reminds me a bit of Bug Panic, but with more RPG trappings. The controls are good, with 8 directional movement (though the character is a bit slower than I would prefer) and the graphics are decent if familiar, with a bit more animation than the average KRPG. The maps are large, too, and once cleared the remain clear -- this is clearly not a grind-fest. Combat is range-based, with a spell-power meter thay works similarly to Secret of Mana's. In a cute touch, when you "kill" a monster they turn back into a pet dog, which follow you around as you make your way through the map.

My biggest problem so far is that there's really not much to do in the world. There are a few NPC scattered about, and I supposedly received a cellphone from someone, but I have no idea what it does or how to even access my inventory. There are a ton of barrels and boxes in the forest, but they seem to be there only as decoration. Without a scoring system or loot there seems to be little reason to explore beyond finding the exit to the next map. There are hints of interesting things (and the description makes reference to treasures, additional spells, and bosses), but in 20-30 mins of play I have seen little of it. Then again, this strikes me as a huge game (I have yet to leave the forest surrounding the first town) and it's likely I have only scratched the surface. The combat is fast and fluid enough to keep me playing, and the dogs are simply adorable .
02-14-2012, 11:20 PM
Cant decide on this one, looks awesome but seems to good to be true.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80