★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: $2.99 - The perfect price point?

11-15-2008, 05:54 PM
$2.99 - The perfect price point?

I've bought many games that I've played over and over, all at 1.79/$2.99 - not limited to but including:

- Dizzy Bee
- Gaia
- Bejeweled
- Mouse About
- Blackbeard's Assault

For me - there's many great games released at this price point, which is right enough for you to feel like you're giving something to a developer, whilst also not being burnt by an expensive app which drops in price a day later.

Any thoughts?
11-15-2008, 06:56 PM
For me it's not the perfect price point, but the highest price point I would pay for most of the games available now.

Simple puzzle games, "reaction tests", games with repetitive gameplay or games with missing sound or week graphics should be even cheaper.

Only very few games are worth more than $3 in my opinion. Fieldrunners (when the update is available), Galcon, Besiegement, Solitaire City Deluxe and maybe Solar Quest and Reign of Swords are the only games I would buy/recommend for more than $3. I bought some other games for a higher price before, but they were not worth it, especially if you compare them to other games that are available for $1-$3.

You can't compare download prices with retail DS/PSP games, because most Appstore games are much less extensive/substantial and you can't sell them after you lost your interest.

And yes, you a right. All of the games you mentioned are well worth $3 and it's a perfect price point for them.