★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A new tactical turn-based RPG experience.

Command the Savior Rex Squad in an epic journey of courage and deception.
Can you break the Curse of the Eclipse?

FEATURING:

- 8 playable classes and more than 40 unique characters.
- Deep combat system: skills, auras, magic, battle stances...
- Choose your squad members before battle.
- Optional challenges to unlock secrets.
- Upgrade your weapons and armors in the Forge.
- A compelling story.
- NO in-app purchases.
- Internet connection NOT required for playing.
11-25-2014, 03:11 PM
Game Impressions

11-25-2014, 03:22 PM
Looks cool.... Bit like banner saga
11-25-2014, 07:04 PM
This look awesome
11-26-2014, 02:52 AM
Imps?
11-26-2014, 10:19 AM
Looks impressive , will there be a demo to try?

Favorite mobile RTS: Autumn Dynasty, Amoebattle & Red Conquest
Great TBS/SRPGs: Wesnoth, Battle Academy, Kingturn, Pantheon Cycle, Dungeon Crawlers, SW&E, Viking Lords, Metal Brigade Tactics, Tactical Soldier, Ravenmark, Tactics Maiden and Banner Saga
11-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Okay so far

I've played a few missions into this. I think I'm on 4th or 5th mission into the campaign. Controls like any other SRPG you've ever played, not as clunky as FF Tactics... basic touch and tap.

The graphics are very good. It would be nice if there were battle animations. Interestingly, the animation looks pretty cool when you move your characters.

Okay, so far the campaign is very easy, maybe it will gradually get harder as I progress (hoping). Also, the battles are very short.

And, maybe it's just me, but the banter in between each battle goes back and forth and back and forth... and either a.) I'm stupid and am having a hard time following b.) It's pointless, or c.) I really don't care and wish they would stop talking and get back to the game.

I'm thinking I'll go play the new Battlelore or even XCOM and then come back to this later.

Last edited by Jim Shorts; 11-26-2014 at 02:57 PM.
11-26-2014, 03:13 PM
I liked the look of this and decided to give it a blind try. My imps are so far similar to Jim Short. Seems pretty straightforward. PROS: No internet needed, no IAPs, and the game can be saved to come back to later. CONS: I can't figure out how to retry the mission that I failed (even though I won the battle). Not sure how deep this will go but Im on vacation for a week so I should be able to find out.
As far as the banter goes, I cannot stand cut-scenes in any game
so I just skip through them.
11-26-2014, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSNellie View Post
I liked the look of this and decided to give it a blind try. My imps are so far similar to Jim Short. Seems pretty straightforward. PROS: No internet needed, no IAPs, and the game can be saved to come back to later. CONS: I can't figure out how to retry the mission that I failed (even though I won the battle). Not sure how deep this will go but Im on vacation for a week so I should be able to find out.
As far as the banter goes, I cannot stand cut-scenes in any game
so I just skip through them.
Yea. It was a wtf moment. I played the first mission and won and it said DEFEAT... and then it goes straight to long cutscenes of "hey you, who me? yea, you... poof! Who are you... who am I? Who are you? Where are we? What? Me? No you? who me? You? What? huh?? and then the next mission... and no way to go retry the first mission... and I'm assuming MAS is attack strength... have no idea what MAS is short for. Maybe Masculine Attack Strength?
11-26-2014, 03:59 PM
Uhm what does CUN mean ?