★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Defend these tiny, peaceful cities from menacing enemy clouds that bludgeon them into oblivion. Your weapon is your finger; It has the power to deflect whatever these angry clouds drop on you. Protect each helpless city to unlock the next.

Tap the objects to send them back toward the clouds and ultimately destroy them. Drag your finger from one falling object to another to deflect many with one swipe. The more clouds you destroy, the faster and trickier they will become; And so must your fingers.

- pure intense arcade action
- no ads or in-app purchases
- protect cities to unlock new levels
- 9 insanely difficult levels
- minimalist 3d isometric cities
- many different projectile types to deflect
- power-ups that boost your deflection power
- realistic physics simulation
- charmingly animated mini-cities
- original chip tune soundtrack and sound effects
- GameCenter achievements

Requires iOS 8.0 or higher. For performance reasons, this app is not recommended for the iPod Touch, the iPhone 4S and the original iPad mini.

zxy's comments:
hey TouchArcade Forums,

I recently updated Deflecto and removed all advertisements and in-app purchases!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deflecto/id863351401?mt=8

thanks,
Brian Williams
zxy

Youtube link | Pop Up
07-31-2015, 10:27 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
how do I get my app icon to show up on the forums page?

Hi,

anybody know how to make my app's icon show up on the forum page listing? I see other apps do, mine is a generic TA icon....?

I don't see anything about this when posting the thread.

thanks,
Brian
zxy

07-31-2015, 10:53 AM
code

I would like a code please if u still have
07-31-2015, 12:15 PM
promo code

here you are: T4HRN7YRK3YK

Code expires on Fri Aug 28 07:03:24 PDT 2015 and is redeemable only on the iTunes Store for United States. Requires an iTunes account, subject to prior acceptance of license and usage terms. To open an account you must be above the age of 13 and in United States. Compatible software and hardware, and internet access (fees may apply) required. Not for resale. Full terms apply; see www.apple.com/legal/itunes/ww/. For more information, see www.apple.com/support/. This app is provided to you by Brian Williams
07-31-2015, 12:44 PM
There's only one picture on the AppStore. Can you please add a gameplay video here so I can see what I'm buying?

Billy
07-31-2015, 12:44 PM
hooray for Deflecto

Great news, zxy! Game looks great, I look forward to hearing some more reactions. Everyone I show it to thinks it's really unique. Best of luck!
07-31-2015, 12:48 PM
trailer and gameplay videos

@LordShad0wz

sure, here is the trailer, it shows quite a bit of gameplay: https://youtu.be/PwrABEvWdGw

also, here are a couple of vines, more to come:

https://vine.co/v/er6TOHuxF2X

https://vine.co/v/eruEY96LTB5

adding these to my iTunes listing just fell through the cracks. I will add them with the first update
07-31-2015, 06:43 PM
I was about to hit the purchase button but the picture stopped me in my tracks. Why am I paying $1.99 up front for a game that in your description says there is an IAP to remove ads and an IAP to unlock all levels?

Please explain? You don't put ads into a game that you are charging for and you have to pay to unlock levels in a game that charges up front and on release day no less?

Please help me to understand. I was about to buy the game.

Billy

Last edited by LordShad0wz; 07-31-2015 at 08:51 PM.
08-01-2015, 07:39 AM
$

@LordShad0wz

Thanks for voicing your concern. I think the ad system in Deflecto is very non-obtrusive. You only see ads on lost levels, and usually you can restart the level immediately.

I realize everyone expects free games with ads or paid games with no ads, but there are games being released with hybrid models like this. My logic is that it will allow me to drop the price in the future and still monetize the app.

Im not using timers or impulse-buy consumable iaps, and you dont need to unlock levels if you can beat them by playing.

I realize Im risking an avalanche of one-star reviews with my approach. Ive been mulling over these decisions since I started making the app and oh, how the app store has changed since then. But Im hoping the game will be valuable and attractive to some despite the price.

Brian
zxy
08-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the response. However the main reason people pay for games is to not have ads. You cannot charge up front for a game and then ask someone, that has already paid you, to remove ads in a game they've already paid for. It's not right. You do know that ads use data? Data is not free. My data is expensive. So you want me to pay just to download and then pay to remove ads or have ads and use my data to view ads.

You take care. You lost me as a customer. Good luck.

Billy

Last edited by LordShad0wz; 08-01-2015 at 09:22 AM.