Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-16-2012, 02:14 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANIMALCHOPPINGS View Post
How many levels have you played? There is lots of variety
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Hold on a moment... are you a developer? This kind of post could be hazardous to your reputation.

In fairness, you can think what you like about PvS, I'm just grateful it's not one of those boring flight sims!
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Beat me to it. No offense, but that from a developer really is pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightunlimited View Post
I don't understand the obsession with these stupid games. Why is this game good? It's so boring and so tedious. Why is it fun to roll over the same enemies over and over again?
I agree with everyone here FU. Regardless of what you put out, the crudeness and terribly unprofessional response is totally inappropriate.

Don't like the game, say you don't like it, but to call it stupid is just rude and does no good. You may have cost yourself many a sale of your product because of this. As the Internet kids say, SMH.

And Midian, I love your comment, excellent!
Old 02-16-2012, 02:59 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default Tilt.....

....Great game but I really do hate the tilt controls. Stick on some slider thing and add iCade (like Jungool) and it'll be a proper beauty.
Good luck with everything.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:49 AM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Played through the first world (10 levels), and I'm loving it. Can someone say GOTW? This is definitely mine out of this great release week of platformers. The diversity of the levels is great. Really like the music and art direction. The boss fight had to be my favorite part so far though. 100 levels so far and more coming soon. The shop adds to the absolutely ridiculous premise. I just don't understand how this 25 foot pizza guy keeps his face straight as his rolls around, lmao. Although the difficulty level in the game is pretty low, it's just great fun. Best of luck on sales guys.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:05 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Tried the lite version....loved the game, hated the tilt controls.....deleted it!
It's a shame that it doesnt have an option for some sort of virtual joystick to move the pizza... Is it really that hard to implement this?
I think the game would sell A LOT more when players have a control option to chose from!
Don't get me wrong, the game is very beautiful and i would buy it in a hartbeat but: I JUST HATE tilt controls...please don't shoot me
Old 02-16-2012, 04:11 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I've been a supporter of Riverman Media ever since I nabbed a promo code for DeathFall a long, long time ago and then picked up IKAROS and it's absolutely shocking how far you've come since then. P vs. S is just such an incredible experience that was crazy enough to work and man did you guys hit it out of the ballpark! Wow...talk about impressive. You guys are a force to be reckoned with on the App Store.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:20 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I'm actually loving the tilt controls. I'm a huge fan a traditional platformers and virtual buttons, but damn does it feel right in this game.

I literally played the first and half part of the levels laying down with absolutely no problem. I mean even balancing on top of the skull was a piece of cake.

I'm really loving the art style. It's not as surreal as I thought it would be, but it definitely portrays a dream like state.

Was this absolute or veristic? I'm assuming veristic!?
Old 02-16-2012, 04:26 AM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Agreed, the controls are perfect. The game was designed from the ground up for the iOS, and the tilt controls are part of that experience.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:55 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Yep, I'm with back2this and Goofy...the controls are flawless.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:19 AM
iPhone 5, OS 4.x

I' d like to say nice work riverman media. I am enjoying the game very much. I like the variety of the levels and unlocking stuff of course. What I'd like to see is the ability to preview what your buying. Also as many toppings as you like would be sweet. Great game though looking forward to any update released for it.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:26 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

@Developer:

There have been quite a number of games released in the app store where developers championed their vision of tilt controls. Almost without fail, each one caved in and added touch controls sooner or later. None of them have been as well implemented, or as appropriate, as yours, but it would really seem almost impossible for a developer to release a game of this type and not add touch controls eventually. Some guy released a platformer a little while ago where you weren't able to go left (yeah, I know,) and yet he was allowed to keep it that way (and I presume still able to go out in public.) Tilt controls for a side-scroller though? Nuh-uh.

Now honestly, one side of me would like to see you keep the game as is and stick to your vision. I'm not so blinkered though, that I can't also see another side that asks "what's wrong with giving people the option?" And I suppose that's a question for you to answer. If you do manage to keep the game as is though, by far the greatest victory shall be in silencing that little voice inside my head that upon hearing yet another dev proclaim how their tilt controls will save the day, spits out: "yeah, right."

For what it's worth, I can't imagine adequately playing your game any other way.

Last edited by Gabrien; 02-16-2012 at 05:31 AM..