★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Need for Speed help !

05-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Need for Speed help !

I am at the last mission of the second map and I cant seem to beat it. Its the race with 3 other cars. The 1st place is really hard to get and I do a perfect run on all lap. My car is almost all upgraded (1 stage left for all) but I don't have any money left. Any trick or help would be appreciated !
05-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Send a message via AIM to matt
I am stuck here too. My best advice is to avoid any collisions with on coming traffic. Remember to use the slowdown mechanic, by swiping down on the screen, when going around corners.

Good luck!

@mmccarty

Gameloft LIVE: mattmccarty

05-12-2009, 10:47 AM
had the same problem a few tracks later.. just re-race another one to get as much money as possible.. that race you're on now requires mainly high speed and lots of nitrous.. later can beat this level in about 10s .. my record is 10.4, great fast moneymaker

wait..that's not the last one your talking about ..hehehe.. anyway, same thing, get some more dough to make it easier.. the number 1 is indeed hard to get..

Last edited by KittyGotSued; 05-12-2009 at 10:48 AM. Reason: wrong map
05-12-2009, 11:10 AM
I know it's a lot to go through, but look through the original NFS thread, and I explain in detail how to beat this level. I did it with a fully upgraded Mitsubishi. Until I upgraded it completely, I couldn't win.
05-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyGotSued View Post
had the same problem a few tracks later.. just re-race another one to get as much money as possible.. that race you're on now requires mainly high speed and lots of nitrous.. later can beat this level in about 10s .. my record is 10.4, great fast moneymaker

wait..that's not the last one your talking about ..hehehe.. anyway, same thing, get some more dough to make it easier.. the number 1 is indeed hard to get..

10.4 is my record too...wonder if that's the fastest you can do it in.
I'm using the fully upgraded Zonda. What are you using?

Also, "The Main Event", 2/8: Lap KO is a great, fast way to get style points...

Last edited by McGill; 05-12-2009 at 11:22 AM.
05-12-2009, 11:21 AM
I've managed to do it in 10 seconds exactly, but finding it impossible to get to 9.9 at all..

Am using continuous Nitro from the go, and trying to stay close the inside of the curves as I can to reduce the road time
05-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patric34 View Post
I am at the last mission of the second map and I cant seem to beat it. Its the race with 3 other cars. The 1st place is really hard to get and I do a perfect run on all lap. My car is almost all upgraded (1 stage left for all) but I don't have any money left. Any trick or help would be appreciated !
The way I beat this was to get the red mazda with the wing on the back and upgrade it all the way. Then you have to race the mission perfectly, avoid hitting anything, avoid rolling on the dirt/side areas, etc.. and always remember to use your NOS when its available.

I play this mission for money over and over, it gives like 5k i think. The 2nd mission on the 3rd island is too tough for this car.

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
05-12-2009, 11:35 AM
You really probably just need to go and get a fast car. Your top speed and accel just might not be enough to beat the fastest car. Took me a few tries to figure that out. I got the viper, souped it up all the way, won first try.

It's just sad when your car is way better than the comp. You will be doing 200 no problem and the next guy is topping at prob like at 160. Good stuff.

How I got my Free iPad 2
05-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiedeals View Post
You really probably just need to go and get a fast car. Your top speed and accel just might not be enough to beat the fastest car. Took me a few tries to figure that out. I got the viper, souped it up all the way, won first try.

It's just sad when your car is way better than the comp. You will be doing 200 no problem and the next guy is topping at prob like at 160. Good stuff.
Gotta remember though that its harder to drive a faster car, you have to spend more time perfecting your driving technique also.

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
05-12-2009, 11:48 AM
sounds like you have a need...

...a need for speed