Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-21-2012, 05:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by trionic View Post
IIt reminds me to Triple Town, because you have to think in the few next movements before doing the first. And i i'he played for an hour and i have the first character unlocked and 20.000 credits... it's not necessary to spend money IAP.
Yes, after having played a bit further I can confirm that it does not take much time to get the coins to buy the other power-ups. However after having unlocked the last powerup, I wonder how much longer I will play this. With the basic concept, some more game modes would have been possible.

Nevertheless your comparison to Triple Town popped up in my mind, too- but Triple Town is a freemium game. As such I would not have complained in the first place. After having spent quite some time lately with Triple Town I'm gladly going to pay for the full version (which is btw universal).
Old 02-21-2012, 06:35 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Yeah, i love Triple Town, but it has several cons too
Freemium game: but you have to pay 4$ if u want unlimited movements,
Universal:but it is not well adapted to non retina display (most of the texts are hardly legible...
it does not even have music! and for me, the worst part, letting you pay for objects to increase your score leaderbords make no sense.

Despite this i have played the game for hours.

Talking about Blockolicious, have u discovered how combo system works?

Last edited by trionic; 02-21-2012 at 06:38 AM..
Old 02-21-2012, 09:52 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
I disagree with most of the opinions of the post. Its a 3 match game, but it increases fun with these fast decisions. It reminds me to Triple Town, because you have to think in the few next movements before doing the first. And i i'he played for an hour and i have the first character unlocked and 20.000 credits... it's not necessary to spend money IAP.

Some things I dont like... Why Crystal instead of Game Center? FAcebook is not a good option, not everyone likes to share that info.

And a doubt for the developer. How does the combo system work? some times i have a 5X and i dont really know hoy I got it.

Thanks! and for the rest of people, give it a try! its really fun and a new mode is supossed to appear soon!

PD: sorry for my english! spanish guy!
Hi Tronic,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We're looking into Game Center support in the future.

Multiplier blocks (star blocks) have a base spawn chance. The player has the ability to increase the chance of multiplier blocks by detonating blocks with larger bombs.

The idea behind high scores is to play fast and well, while making large bombs. Large bombs award more points but take longer to make.

Depending on the situation, the player has to decide if it's more beneficial to spend time making a larger bomb in hopes for a multiplier block OR to make small bombs and play fast. (Which is where the quick decision making comes in)

Here are some video tips:

Basic Tips (For those who seeing this for the first time):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3X5F94P0zQ&feature

Advanced Tips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-FwNkV71bI&feature

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

-Hibernum

Last edited by Hibernum; 02-21-2012 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 02-21-2012, 10:07 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

There is some deep strategy to this game, more than a standard clicker for sure.

Are bombs timed or will they hang in place indefinitely once created?
Old 02-21-2012, 10:23 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibernum View Post
Hi Tronic,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We're looking into Game Center support in the future.

Multiplier blocks (star blocks) have a base spawn chance. The player has the ability to increase the chance of multiplier blocks by detonating blocks with larger bombs.

The idea behind high scores is to play fast and well, while making large bombs. Large bombs award more points but take longer to make.

Depending on the situation, the player has to decide if it's more beneficial to spend time making a larger bomb in hopes for a multiplier block OR to make small bombs and play fast. (Which is were the quick decision making comes in)

Here are some video tips:

Basic Tips (For those who seeing this for the first time):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3X5F94P0zQ&feature

Advanced Tips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-FwNkV71bI&feature

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

-Hibernum
Thanks Hibernum for the quick response and the videos!! I thought star blocks appeared randomly, great to know that it depends on the bomb' size. It would be great to explain these concepts in the tutorial to let people know hoy to improve their scores... or maybe is too obvious? i really dont know

LordGek, bombs are not timed, you can activate them whenever you want.

My best score: 575.050 ... and the first in the Crystal leaderboard has: 6.394.260... hahah, obviosly this game is deeper than it seems.

Last edited by trionic; 02-21-2012 at 10:27 AM..
Old 02-21-2012, 11:01 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Thanks Hibernum for the quick response and the videos!! I thought star blocks appeared randomly, great to know that it depends on the bomb' size. It would be great to explain these concepts in the tutorial to let people know hoy to improve their scores... or maybe is too obvious? i really dont know

LordGek, bombs are not timed, you can activate them whenever you want.

My best score: 575.050 ... and the first in the Crystal leaderboard has: 6.394.260... hahah, obviosly this game is deeper than it seems.
Hey tronic,

We tried to keep the tutorial as short as possible, a decision was made on making videos for more 'advanced' mechanics.

We wanted players to explore the mechanics and figure out the subtle tips and tricks of the game.

I'll try and record some devs playing the game today. We are not 6 million point players but we'll do our best...

Thanks,

-Hibernum
Old 02-21-2012, 11:59 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Hi NZer,

It has Facebook connect and Crystal leaderboards.

Facebook scores reset each week to keep it competitive. =)

Thanks.
And for people who don't use Facebook?

No thanks.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:33 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
And for people who don't use Facebook?

No thanks.
hey mlkaufman,

It has Crystal.

Crystal supports daily / weekly / monthly leaderboards.

We are looking into implementing Game Center support ASAP.

-Hibernum
Old 02-21-2012, 02:16 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
We are looking into implementing Game Center support ASAP.
Once you do... I'll have to check it out...

I DESPISE Crystal... but am a HUGE score+achievement freak... so... once you add GC, I'll be all over this one. =oD
Old 02-21-2012, 03:27 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Yah this is a great game as is but would benefit GREATLY from having GC. Even though I have a Crystal account, I never use it. I'm pretty much just competing against myself for high scores currently but am very eager to see how everyone else compares on GC.