★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Magmic Inc.
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 18.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Use your music and crash the waves!

Turn up your music, make some waves, and help Ryder navigate the ocean. Raise and lower the sea level to ride the waves and collect as many coins as you can. Dont forget to aim for the stars so you multiply your score when you crash into them. Try to beat your high score and compare your achievements with your friends through Game Center or Twitter. Want a new challenge? Just pick a new song, generate a new level, and get into the action all over again. Every song has a unique footprint which is used to generate the level, the more songs you have, the more levels you can play. Time to get crashing!

I knew it allowed the importing of personal music and involved riding waves of a sortWhat I wasnt expecting was to have so much fun 4/5 -148apps.com

The waves are great and the effects are just as stunning. 9/10 App-Score.com

an addicting casual game that lasts as long as your favorite song. 4/5 Apptudes.com

Discover new music on the weekly Song Spotlight. Check out Victoria, British Columbias own Sunhawk, our first featured artist Play Wave Crasher with their single Shotgun Love for free!

Game Features
-Play with YOUR own iTunes music
-Simple one touch controls
-Retina Display high resolution graphics
-Universal App, full iPad support
-Preview before you buy the song in-game
-Game Center Achievements, compare scores
-Post your scores to Twitter
-Discover new music with the Song Spotlight

=====================================

Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook for more news!

www.twitter.com/magmic
www.facebook.com/magmic

=====================================

AnarKitty's comments:

New Universal/GameCenter/Retina music-driven game from Magmic.
02-15-2012, 06:33 AM
Wave Crasher - (by Magmic) [NZ] - Universal App

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.

Last edited by Echoseven; 02-15-2012 at 07:03 AM.

02-15-2012, 06:35 AM

This looks crazy enough to give it a try. Will be back soon with a Full Detail Feedback..

Last edited by Sanuku; 02-15-2012 at 02:26 PM.
02-15-2012, 06:59 AM
Think I'll be getting this tonight

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
02-15-2012, 07:10 AM
Yeah...so, I'm confused about the discover new music thing!

Does it mean that we don't have to have music on our devices? i don't use my iPod as a MP3 player.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
02-15-2012, 07:23 AM
Ah, this is already out in the NA store, sweet.
02-15-2012, 07:38 AM
Wow, I've been off my rocker this morning.

Anyways, I "smarted up" and read the description. It looks like you have to have music installed on your device. The discover thing is just a spotlight for a new song each week.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
02-15-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Wow, I've been off my rocker this morning.

Anyways, I "smarted up" and read the description. It looks like you have to have music installed on your device. The discover thing is just a spotlight for a new song each week.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Indeed. Unless I'm missing something, I've only been able to play my own tracks.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
02-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Indeed. Unless I'm missing something, I've only been able to play my own tracks.
Well, that's unfortunate. I guess I'll have to pass on this one.

Thanks for the confirmation!

02-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
You can also play songs by the featured artist (currently 7 songs by a band called Sunhawk). Also it lists all my songs (unlike Beat Hazard Ultra), and even songs that are actually music videos.