Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-15-2012, 10:04 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Starfighter Overkill (by Rapid Turtle Games) - Universal

Take control of your Starfighter and take down the enemy forces!

Starfighter Overkill is an intense space shoot-em-up with unlimited waves of non-stop adrenaline pumping action.

Blast away waves of alien spaceships, star panzers, destroyers and space fighters before facing the big bosses.

Collect power-ups to upgrade your firepower. Use special weapons to quickly annihilate hordes of enemies.

Boost your adrenaline by killing enemies and use the powerful air strike to blitz the enemy in a torrent of destruction.

Itís a Universal App with crisp and clean graphics for Retina display enabled devices.

Game Center and OpenFeint integration with leader boards, achievements and friends' scores.

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/rtgames

Become a Starfighter Overkill fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rapid-...17010321695631

Check out the gameplay videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/rapidturtlegames

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Old 02-15-2012, 10:33 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Like the look of this game, nice surprise this turning up, reminds me of that old game 'Silkworm' with the jeeps appearing at the bottom
Old 02-15-2012, 10:42 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Looks pretty decent, looking forward to this now.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:45 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Looks pretty good.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:33 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I like this game a lot so far. It's an endless space shooter with 4 worlds to unlock as you play. Sweet graphics and sounds, excellent controls, lots of power ups, universal, non-stop endless bullet hell with boss battles; shmup fans should give this a try.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:38 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Gave this a punt and bought it, had a few crash issues on my 64 gig ipod (Apparently if you have way too many apps on the 64 gig model it can cause a lot of memory issues - Apple didnt tell me this when i bought it as i wanted the big memory for more games !)

Anyway got it working now and it doesnt seem to be crashing, actually really like the graphics, the shooting noise gets a 'bit' annoying but nothing major, done the first 8 worlds and have to replay those to unlock the later levels.

'Bit' pricey in iOS terms at £1.49 but i'm liking it, some good weapons to use, nice bullet hell type shooter.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:51 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 02-17-2012, 04:59 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
nice bullet hell type shooter.
People throw that term around way too much on this forum. This is not bullet hell at all. Bullet hell is a small subgenre of shmups, dramatically overrepresented on iOS (not that I'm complaining), with characteristic screen-filling curtains of slower moving bullets. This is a pure traditional endless side scroller which I was personally very disappointed by. The ships are too big, so it's essentially like they cut the screen size of most shooters down to a quarter, making everything seem cramped and decreasing the fun significantly. I played one game, and was bored to death before it was over. I was just waiting to die after wave 20 or so but it took until 37. It took so long. They need difficulty settings (or did I miss them) and they need the intensity to increase faster.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:36 AM

Awesome News!

Starfighter Overkill is featured by Apple on the US App Store as New and Noteworthy in the iPad games category!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:41 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
People throw that term around way too much on this forum. This is not bullet hell at all. Bullet hell is a small subgenre of shmups, dramatically overrepresented on iOS (not that I'm complaining), with characteristic screen-filling curtains of slower moving bullets. This is a pure traditional endless side scroller which I was personally very disappointed by. The ships are too big, so it's essentially like they cut the screen size of most shooters down to a quarter, making everything seem cramped and decreasing the fun significantly. I played one game, and was bored to death before it was over. I was just waiting to die after wave 20 or so but it took until 37. It took so long. They need difficulty settings (or did I miss them) and they need the intensity to increase faster.
Completely agree, was very disappointed by this one

. And glad to know I'm not the only one a little upset that loads of non bullet hell titles are being grouped in to the subgenre...