★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

WWE WrestleFest (to be released February 21 2012)

02-17-2012, 03:11 AM
WWE WrestleFest by THQ - Coming out on the 21st of February 2012?

NOTE: Some sites say this will be released on the 21st of February, while others are saying it will be announced officially on that date. We'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
WWE’s early 1990′s classic arcade game WrestleFest is coming back next week to Apple iOS Devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod). However – instead of a simple re-release of the game, THQ has remade the classic with updated graphics, smoother gameplay and an updated roster.

The roster for the game will feature legends from the early 90′s (including Randy Savage, Jake Roberts, Big Boss Man), Attitude Era superstars (Steve Austin, The Undertaker) as well as today’s stars like John Cena, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk and Randy Orton.

The game will will feature a multiplayer mode, a steel cage match, multiple arenas and “extensive downloadable content,” which will likely include additional playable characters, ring gear, etc.

WWE WrestleFest will be released in the Apple App Store on Tuesday, February 21.
Source: http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-ne...hment/wwe_109/

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 02-17-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Finally got things in order. Sorry folks. >_>
02-17-2012, 04:23 AM
Arghhhh arghhhh agrhhggghfkfnfmd arghhhhghgh .......................

Awesome I can't wait.

02-17-2012, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Arghhhh arghhhh agrhhggghfkfnfmd arghhhhghgh .......................

Awesome I can't wait.
Telling me? I was honestly giggling like a schoolgirl when I started making the thread. >_>

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-17-2012, 04:46 AM
I've never found that any of the 3D wrestling games were as good as the old 2D ones from the arcades. Maybe it's just nostalgia but this is one unexpected release that I'm excited for.
02-17-2012, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
I've never found that any of the 3D wrestling games were as good as the old 2D ones from the arcades. Maybe it's just nostalgia but this is one unexpected release that I'm excited for.
The only 3D wrestling game I truly enjoyed was WCW/nWo Revenge. Heck, not even No Mercy got the same attention Revenge did from me. That said, I would honestly take any of the old-school 2D games over these new ones. That includes Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game and In Your House. Maybe it's just nostalgia, or the fact that wrestling was so over the top in those days, but those games were just plain fun to play.

I can't even count the hours I played WrestleFest at the arcade back when I was in Oman, so this is a dream come true. I feel like a kid again and honestly can't wait for Tuesday.

02-17-2012, 05:12 AM
Might just get this for the hell of it.
02-17-2012, 01:26 PM
is only multiplayer mode?

contain single player?

please answer me
02-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arce View Post
is only multiplayer mode?

contain single player?

please answer me

Well, one of the screen shots shows a large "1P" only meter, so there must be SOME sort of single player mode.

The original Wrestlefest had two modes - Tag Team (where you'd control whoever was tagged in at the time if you were playing single player) and Royal Rumble (six people in the ring at once, one person entering as one person leaves, continuing until you've gone through the whole roster and only one person is left in the ring).

The Royal Rumble was definitely a quarter-eater in the arcades, because regardless of your health bar you could potentially be thrown out at any time if you were standing in the wrong place. I got to the point in Tag Team where I could beat the game in a single credit (going through ten matches and defeating the Legion of Doom twice), but by that point it was more abusing the A.I. than actually playing.

Hopefully it keeps the same basic simple gameplay, just adding to the roster (and omitting people that won't be in for licensing reasons - I don't expect Hogan, for instance). If it plays well, I'll pick it up in a heartbeat - the child in me still gets a little giddy remembering the voice files: "DiBiase! MILLION Dollar Dream! You've WON! Now go for the NEXT MATCH!"
02-17-2012, 01:52 PM
thanks man
02-17-2012, 05:46 PM
i hope you can do the wrestlers finishers in this game i dont remember if the original arcade one had that ,but it would be great to be able to do a macho man elbow drop or undertaker tombstone