★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Is this game so BAD?!

02-17-2012, 03:48 AM
Is this game so BAD?!

I used about four months to develop a doodle game(curling run).This game is free,but iap.
Only several free download everyday....And 0 iap...Is this game so BAD?!

Link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/curling-run/id474981959?mt=8

Could you give me advice?
02-17-2012, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldneptune View Post
Only several free download everyday....And 0 iap...Is this game so BAD?!

If you only get several free downloads each day, why does the appstore description say: "Over 650000 players enjoyed Labyrinth Game!!!"?

řƹȡ1

02-17-2012, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
If you only get several free downloads each day, why does the appstore description say: "Over 650000 players enjoyed Labyrinth Game!!!"?
Shared devices?
02-17-2012, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
He's either lying to gain trust... Or talking about the Labyrinth game by Illusion Labs.

If something online is free, you are not the customer - you are the product.
02-17-2012, 04:45 AM
I think curling run is a Labyrinth Type Game.And my english is poor.If it's not good,i think i should delete it!
Thanks a lot!
02-17-2012, 04:51 AM
As a graphic designer, can I say, from the icon and screenshots, it looks extremely confusing. I know it seems rough to think people aren't even downloading something for free, but when they look at the new releases, there is so much to sift through that you really have to look good for them to take that time where they enter their password, allow their device to go back to the home screen and start downloading, before re-entering the app store to continue browsing, so even to get people to grab something free, the icon and screens need to be really attractive and interesting to them.

If the game is really fun, perhaps you could either take screenshots which better portray what happens in game, or even do those enhanced screenshots with borders which give you little blurbs of info on the game?
02-17-2012, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
As a graphic designer, can I say, from the icon and screenshots, it looks extremely confusing. I know it seems rough to think people aren't even downloading something for free, but when they look at the new releases, there is so much to sift through that you really have to look good for them to take that time where they enter their password, allow their device to go back to the home screen and start downloading, before re-entering the app store to continue browsing, so even to get people to grab something free, the icon and screens need to be really attractive and interesting to them.

If the game is really fun, perhaps you could either take screenshots which better portray what happens in game, or even do those enhanced screenshots with borders which give you little blurbs of info on the game?
right!
the quickly updating stream of new releases is quite overwhelming at times. gotta stick out in order to stand out.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
02-17-2012, 06:12 AM
According to iTunes (UK) the game doesn't actually have IAP, so that explains why you don't have any In App Purchases for it.

As DistantJ says it's all far too confusing. The screenshots look interesting, but without a proper explanation in the blurb, mentioning 'classic labyrinth games' when this clearly isn't one, calling it '___ Run' when it's not an endless running game, and listing "3*3*3*99 = 2673 combinations" as a FEATURE just throws off any assumptions that a player has to make about what you have to actually do. So they ignore it and move on.

Look at it from a potential player's perspective: If the developer can't be bothered explaining a game in iTunes (or having a website that does) how are they going to believe it's worth downloading? Being free makes little difference on this count as you're asking for their time whether it's free or paid.

I'm seriously curious though what "3*3*3*99 = 2673 combinations" actually refers to in the context of this game from the screenshots. It's like trying to understand 'i' the square root of -1 in your head or wondering what "4 8 15 16 23 42" meant in LOST.

Apps: Lead Wars (TA Thread) | Super Grav (TA Thread)
DemonStudios Ltd | Indie Game Dev
www.demonstudios.com
Follow: Facebook | Twitter
02-17-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldneptune View Post
I think curling run is a Labyrinth Type Game.And my english is poor.If it's not good,i think i should delete it!
Thanks a lot!
I think its good you deleted that text as it was misleading, millions enjoy Mario Land but you wouldnt mention that in the text of your own platform game.

Still think the app description needs changing and also the 'features'. I mean a feature which is 'doodle' doesnt tell you anything.

Have a look at similar games and see how they word their description and features, not saying copy it (!!!) but its worth looking how others have done it.

Your text/features do not help sell the game at all. Think the screenshots look quite confusing and again dont tell me much about the gameplay (i dont play any of these labyrinth style games you mention but looking at the screenshots i wont anyway)

Also i know the game appears to be 'hand drawn' kinda thing but the app icon looks very bad and will put some people off for that alone.

Sorry just being honest as an iOS fan who buys 100's of apps.
02-17-2012, 12:04 PM
I agree with everyone. But you should also make a thread in the iTunes games and apps section in the forums so people will know about it and maybe try it.