★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Morbidware
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 42.9 MB
  • Version: 1.2.7
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.7 (6)
App description: ** 148APPS - 4.5/5 - Editor's choice **
** TOUCHARCADE - 4/5 **
** POCKETGAMER.FR - 9.2/10 - Golden Medal **

** 148APPS - The gorgeous graphics, up-beat music and impressive level design combined with the hardcore game play create one of the best platformers Ive played this year **

** TOUCHARCADE - It's the whole package: fantastic level design, gorgeous environments, great music. The more hardcore side of things is a bonus, but it's not the only thing Sunshine has to offer. **

** THEAPPSHACK - Its one of the best titles within the Gravity-Centric Platform genre **

** APPTUDES - A devastatingly challenging arcade game. A maddening, fast-paced iOS experience **

Prepare yourself for the greatest, hottest, hardest and most epic adventure ever seen on the App Store.

**SAVE THE MULTIVERSE AND BECOME THE SUNSHINE!**

Reality is in danger, the Black Holes have taken direct control of the Suns and are shining Nothingness all over the Multiverse. The Photons need a true hero to bring back life and happyness in all the Systems.

That hero is YOU!

Take control of a simple photon and, with the help of a Veteran and the Powers of the Neutrins, jump your way through the Multiverse and become the Sunshine.

Can you Shine enough?

FEATURES:

- 12 different environments in 3 chapters

- 60 levels to play at the speed of light

- Endless Hardcore Levels

- Epic Boss Fights

- A fast and intense experience

- Tons of Dangers

- Perform insane Jumping Tricks

- Get SUPER with the Powers of the Neutrins

- Die everywhere

- A mind-blowing original soundtrack

- 19 Epic Achievements

---

.THOTH.'s comments:

08-06-2012, 12:16 PM
It *looks* cool enough and potentially fun, but I can't discern from the video how the game controls actually work.

Like word games?

Watch a video of my new iPhone game Word Safe on YouTube here or get it from the App Store for free here. Follow me on Twitter, @WordSafeApp, I usually follow back.

08-06-2012, 12:34 PM
I just gave it a quick try and so far I'm impressed. The only game mechanic so far is tap to jump. It's fast paced, very polished, and actually it's pretty damn hard! You get 3 stars for collecting all the starlets in each level, beating the level, and doing it fast. Doing it fast is the most challenging aspect for me, and if you die enough times they offer an extra heart so you can get hit twice. It's got Gamecenter leaderboards but unfortunately lacks achievements. Recommended for fans of whatever you call this type of genre (spinning platformers?)
08-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Thanks Thoth for the find, the video looks awesome, buying now
08-06-2012, 03:45 PM
While this whole...ummm...genre (?) isn't in any way new on the App Store, it certainly looks like one of the most fun ones I've seen out there. Might buy it in a while.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
08-06-2012, 04:38 PM
OK I just had to chime in again and say how much I LOVE this game. It's awesome. Imagine if SMB became a spinning platformer and and here's what you'd get. It has that 'just one more try' appeal, and you'll die a ton of times. I'm almost through the first world with 3 stars on everything, luckily you don't have achieve the time based star at the same time as obtaining all the starlets so it's not impossible.

Fellow masochists that are cracked out on Bitless needs to pick this up!!
08-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Amazing, amazing, amazing. Yep, that Super Meat Boy comparison was spot on. Brutally hard, gorgeous, addictive, fresh, new, amazing, amazing...yeah, you get the picture. A steal for a dollar. Can't recommend it enough. Morbidware are definitely THE next developers to look out for...can't see this going anywhere but up. I'm off to sleep.

AMAZING!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
08-06-2012, 06:07 PM
actually the gameplay mechanic does remind you of Mr.Ninja doesn't it

wilflare (Wilson)
iOS Beta Tester (List) | Reviewer | Blogger | Follow @wilflare | On testflight
08-06-2012, 08:28 PM
All it does is crash for me when loading system 01. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm running a 4th gen iPod.
08-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .THOTH. View Post
Fellow masochists that are cracked out on Bitless needs to pick this up!!
Alright friend, I'm sold!