Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-17-2012, 08:09 PM
strivemind strivemind is online now
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,525
Default ZiGGURAT [Universal]





Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by strivemind; 02-24-2012 at 09:17 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-17-2012, 09:40 PM
syntheticvoid syntheticvoid is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 12,634
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Default

Hmm.. Trailer or gameplay footage? Looks interesting
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-18-2012, 01:13 AM
Fimb Fimb is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 364
Default

Is this Tim Roger's game? Seems like that. Hope it'll live up to the hype he built up.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-18-2012, 02:19 AM
Fimb Fimb is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 364
Default

Just as I expected: a frustrating little game, nothing to write home about. It's really a shame, I wanted this to be good. Maybe they'll do good anyway, as Kotaku will hype it a lot. Maybe their next game won't be all talk.

The devs should understand that these kind of games are competing with much more talented titles on the platform now. This is not enough at this point, imho, look at the best releases letely: Beat Sneak Bandit, Puzzlejuice, Triple Town. Those are much more polished and interesting experiences in their genres.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-18-2012, 02:25 AM
metalcasket's Avatar
metalcasket metalcasket is offline
Moderator
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 5,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimb View Post
Just as I expected: a frustrating little game, nothing to write home about. It's really a shame, I wanted this to be good. Maybe they'll do good anyway, as Kotaku will hype it a lot. Maybe their next game won't be all talk.

The devs should understand that these kind of games are competing with much more talented titles on the platform now. This is not enough at this point, imho, look at the best releases letely: Beat Sneak Bandit, Puzzlejuice, Triple Town. Those are much more polished and interesting experiences in their genres.
Totally agree...at this point the game just comes off as Super Crate Box with 1 weapon, no movement whatsoever and sub par controls. I'm sorry, but neither one really works, and if there's a learning curve, I stopped caring before I could grasp them. :/

Last edited by metalcasket; 02-18-2012 at 02:28 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-18-2012, 02:29 AM
Gabrien Gabrien is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Totally agree.
Same, unfortunately.

The controls feel cumbersome to begin with. Even if there was a game worth persevering with them for I doubt they would feel any better with practice. There isn't.

Deleted after a few goes.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-18-2012, 02:30 AM
metalcasket's Avatar
metalcasket metalcasket is offline
Moderator
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 5,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Same, unfortunately.

The controls feel cumbersome to begin with. Even if there was a game worth persevering with them for I doubt they would feel any better with practice. There isn't.

Deleted after a few goes.
Check out my edit. Pretty much word for word.

Oh, and...for God's sake will people stop using OpenFeint. Godamnit.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-18-2012, 02:35 AM
Gabrien Gabrien is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Check out my edit. Pretty much word for word.

Oh, and...for God's sake will people stop using OpenFeint. Godamnit.
Ha. Yeah. Ditto on the OpenFeint as well.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-18-2012, 02:40 AM
Zoet Zoet is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Totally agree...at this point the game just comes off as Super Crate Box with 1 weapon, no movement whatsoever and sub par controls. I'm sorry, but neither one really works, and if there's a learning curve, I stopped caring before I could grasp them. :/
You beat me to it. I'll have another couple of goes, if only because I was similarly under-whelmed with Super Crate Box initially, and now SCB is a favourite of mine.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-18-2012, 04:07 AM
Fimb Fimb is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 364
Default

Yea. I don't say it's bad. I say it's not enough at this point. The platform is saturated with these kind of endless runners /shooters /bite sized experiences, and I'm getting picky, because I can. Mediocre experiences won't cut it anymore.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent