Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-17-2012, 09:50 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Default The Battle Of The Wordsmiths (by Olatunji World)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 02-18-2012, 04:07 AM

Since its free, installing now... But puzzled by the screenshots and trailer since neither indicate any kind of word-oriented gameplay despite the title...

Jamie
Old 02-18-2012, 04:56 AM

Beautifully presented but I've yet to play a game as it just hangs as I wait for my opponent to play his cards.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:40 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

This games just crashes on my iPad 2. Deleted after attempting to launch it a few times.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:01 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Hi all just wanted to respond to the posts above.

Word game - the title comes from the story on which the game was based. The words in this game specifically are the cards. Each creature card image is made of words from the story. We are also planning a more conventional word type game (e.g Dungeon Scroll) but right now our focus is on this version.

Game hanging - right now we need to scale users as well as improve the matching players mechanics. We are scheduling competitions. Details will be posted here [url]www.facebook.com/tbotw[/url]

It's also worth inviting Game Center friends so that you can organise matches. Finally I am always playing. Please send me an invite and I'd be happy to show you the game in action. My GC name is "bobajiro100"

Crashing - I'm sorry to hear about this. I've had another report of someone with a similar problem but so far I believe this to be the exception. If there's any more detail you can give me I will get our developers to look into it. I'd hate to leave the experience where it is at present since you've taken the time to try our product. You can reach me. At tunde@olatunjiworld.com

Last edited by Olatunji; 02-19-2012 at 05:05 AM..
Old 02-19-2012, 08:43 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
Default Help!

Help! 💩I need to be able to rate this zero stars. 💩

iPad 2, latest iOS. 💩Download game, shut down iPad, restart and still cannot get past title screen. 💩EVEN THE CRASH REPORT DIALOGUE CRASHES!

What a pathetic waste of time. 💩Note to developer: do NOT release untested product.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:30 AM

I have an ipad2 and have had no problems with crashes at all.

And even if I had, I'd never be so thoughtless and thankless that I'd rate a free game 'zero' stars. Get a little perspective!

Jamie
Old 02-19-2012, 01:12 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Crashes

amn624, ColeDaddy,

As I said earlier it is disappointing to hear the app has crashed but I can assure you it has been tested. I myself have downloaded and installed it on an iPad 2 and iPad 1 (running iOS5) and the install was fine.

I would ask you to try to install again and if you can tell the precise time/behaviour and any more info then it will help me with trouble shooting. Though we believe your troubles don't represent most peoples' experience we do take them seriously of course.

Best regards,

Tunde Olatunji
Old 02-19-2012, 02:56 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

My screen looked wonky for a few seconds before it closed out and went back to the home screen. If I remember correctly, after launching the game the third or fourth time, something that appeared to be an overlay filled with broken images of the game icon filled up my screen. I immediately re-set my iPad before deleting the game. During the previous two-three attempts to launch it, a black screen displayed before it closed out and brought me back to my home screen.

As far as when it happened, I believe it was a day before my previous post, so about 2 days prior to this writing.

Specs: iPad 2, non-jb, iOS 5.0.1

Edit:
As requested, email sent to tunde@olatunjiworld.com

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 02-19-2012 at 05:24 PM..
Old 02-19-2012, 06:24 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
I have an ipad2 and have had no problems with crashes at all.

And even if I had, I'd never be so thoughtless and thankless that I'd rate a free game 'zero' stars. Get a little perspective!

Jamie
Perspective! Really? So far, it's been a total waste of time, right? Oh wait, you're totally correct. That's gotta be worth a few stars. Maybe eleven.

Good grief.

I'll reinstall, shut it and restart, but I've already done that once before. I'm not the only one with this complaint. If an app can't start, it's worthless.