★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How? Huh? Pokemon?

02-19-2012, 05:42 AM
How? Huh? Pokemon?

I just put in pokemon into the itunes search and found a pokemon yellow game..

Are the people at Apple even reviewing the stuff that goes on the itunes store or what? When good games get put on hold by apple and then this stuff gets let through, makes you wonder who is paying who to get there stuff accepted.

P.S. Whats even worse, apparently the app/game doesnt even function.

Last edited by earthclaw; 02-19-2012 at 05:45 AM.
02-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthclaw View Post
I just put in pokemon into the itunes search and found a pokemon yellow game..

Are the people at Apple even reviewing the stuff that goes on the itunes store or what? When good games get put on hold by apple and then this stuff gets let through, makes you wonder who is paying who to get there stuff accepted.

P.S. Whats even worse, apparently the app/game doesnt even function.
It's most likely a scam...

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926

02-20-2012, 03:57 AM
unbelievable that something like that managed to get through

http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/19/oo...oved-by-apple/

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs
02-20-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filing Cabinet View Post
unbelievable that something like that managed to get through

http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/19/oo...oved-by-apple/
yes....

I'll ill today!beats by dre
02-20-2012, 05:57 AM
Stuff like this gets through all the time. What's astounding is that people never learn their lesson.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
02-20-2012, 06:11 AM
I thought whole point of the approval process was to make sure games are acceptable for release, they way they're going, the approval method is almost pointless.
02-20-2012, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyLP View Post
I thought whole point of the approval process was to make sure games are acceptable for release, they way they're going, the approval method is almost pointless.
This'll come of as a prick-head comment, but it's not intended to be; at last not at you.

I though the point of the AppStore was to make money by any means!?

These scams can always be found on the Appstore. IMO, the AppStore is a true test of the user's intelligence because Apple's review process is shoddy.

*Guys, please don't try to buy Nintendo games off the AppStore.

**Guys, please don't try to buy Minecraft clones on the AppStore.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
02-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
This'll come of as a prick-head comment, but it's not intended to be; at last not at you.

I though the point of the AppStore was to make money by any means!?

These scams can always be found on the Appstore. IMO, the AppStore is a true test of the user's intelligence because Apple's review process is shoddy.

*Guys, please don't try to buy Nintendo games off the AppStore.

**Guys, please don't try to buy Minecraft clones on the AppStore.

Nah, it's not the review process.

Apple simply doesn't care about legal/copyright issues. And Apple never checks that.
With hundreds of daily released apps, they simply don't have either the time or the knowledge to check if an app contains legal material of other parties. They also don't have knowledge if a third party legally licensed copyright protected material.
Apple just checks if the apps meet the development standart of Apple itself.

It's the duty of the copyright holders to give Apple a notice about a copyright infringement. The developers of the apps have to protect their stuff on their own, not Apple.

For Apple, it would be an impossible task to care about legal or copyright infringements, because that would mean that Apple has to have knowledge about all programs and apps ever written, on all existing platforms.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 02-20-2012 at 07:21 AM.
02-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Apple just checks if the apps meet the development standart of Apple itself.
Shoddy!

But yeah, I guess I can't really disagree with the time and knowledge part.

02-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Shoddy!

But yeah, I guess I can't really disagree with the time and knowledge part.

Can you imagine how long the review process would take if they have to check the legal things?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.