★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Audio Invaders Unique audio gameplay from Stormy Studio ♪♪

02-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Audio Invaders Unique audio gameplay from Stormy Studio ♪♪

I'm pleased to announce that 'Audio Invaders' has been submitted to Apple... and will be hitting the app store in the next week....

Little promo video... a new one with more gameplay and 8 bit comical drama is on its way...

Youtube link | Pop Up

HEADPHONES REQUIRED FOR EARTHS SURVIVAL!

Bringing a unique audio gameplay experience to the App Store.

Earth is threatened by an audio alien invasion. Destroy the attacking Inter-terrestrial space craft by moving into the path of the invisible invaders and shooting…sounds simple?… but when you can't see them you have to rely on your ears to detect their location.

Fast paced retro gameplay with an original twist… the invaders are attacking at night and you can't see them, but you can hear them…

♪ Advanced spatial stereo audio
♪ 3d Parallax City Scape
♪ Retro 8 bit Black and white visuals

♪ Unlock a variety of powerful 8 bit weaponry (including a Flame Thrower!!)
♪ 5 original alien craft
♪ GameCentre World Leaderboard

♪ Score multiplier (resets if you miss...accuracy build points)
♪ Animated Nuclear Explosions
♪ 2 control setups - touch screen or accelerometer (tilt)

♪ Chip tune sound track
♪ Increased difficulty with each wave of attack
♪ Free future updates based on ideas submitted by users

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••••••••

Made by an individual indie game developer, this is now my 3rd game release. After two years of part time game development in the evenings this is my latest production. I hope the game is well received and it gets me one step closer to that dream house by the sea with my wife and daughter…where I can live a life of poor surfing ability mixed with a spot of indie game development.

Any feedback welcome...I'll do my very best to implement each idea that will help make this game a future App Store classic…

I'm also planning on giving away 40 promo codes to the Touch Arcade forum once I have them... I'll post a message with 10 a day to dish them out evenly.

Oh...and here are the screen shots destined for the app store.

Thanks for looking and hopefully you like what you see... this was originally going to be a little 2 week part time project...but it grew into a 5 month part time labour of love...

Stormy Studio - A small indie team of talented individuals...founded by me... (Jon Draper)

Check out and spread the word on our 'Dark Asylum' kickstarter page running this December ....and please like 'our page' on facebook to follow its progress.

Latest release 'Audio Invaders' - Headphones required for your survival!!

Last edited by draper3000; 02-19-2012 at 04:08 PM.
02-19-2012, 03:54 PM
I put on my good Sennheisers and the video sounds interesting.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
02-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Quality headphones really do help....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
I put on my good Sennheisers and the video sounds interesting.
Quality headphones really do help...whilst creating the game I've been using some fairly good but cheap 20.00 sony headphones and the sound is crisp and you can hear all the invaders at all levels. When i've tested with cheap 1.00 style headphones you really struggle to hear the lower notes of the invaders and don't detect the invaders until they're nearer to the ship....

Great advert for quality headphones... :-) ... perhaps there's a sponsorship deal to be had some where...

Stormy Studio - A small indie team of talented individuals...founded by me... (Jon Draper)

Check out and spread the word on our 'Dark Asylum' kickstarter page running this December ....and please like 'our page' on facebook to follow its progress.

02-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Curious to see more actual gameplay in a video.

Anyways, this should be in the Upcoming section.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
02-23-2012, 05:20 PM
hey world... still awaiting review...

Hey world..

Its been 5 days now and I'm still checking my email like a madman to see if the game is 'under review' by Apple...

Working on a cool promo video at the moment, and created a cool looking email to send to family, friends and indie developer connections to try and build some interest on launch day...

In the meantime here's a pure gameplay only video... simple gameplay that really comes to life when played on your old iPhone with headphones..

It doesn't show many of the awesome weapons but its a start...

Youtube link | Pop Up

I hope there are a few old school gaming fans out there that this might appeal to?

If someone wants to move this to 'Upcoming Games' please do.

02-23-2012, 05:23 PM
I'll record a proper walkthrough soon with my meloncholy vocals over the top...