★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Worstweb Studio
  • Genre: Action
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 3.7 MB
  • Version: 1.11
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Created by Worstweb Studio http://worstweb.hu Blindshoot is a game for people who are blind. Your goal is to save your planet with an invulnerable spaceship. Note: the game is for blind people, so during the game, the screen will be black. But Blindshoot is fun if you are not blind, too!

stomi's comments:
Hello everyone,
I created an iOS game for blind people; it called Blindshoot. You can navigate an invulnerable spaceship in the game and collect asteroids.
Here's the link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blindshoot/id498792267?ls=1&mt=8
For iPad:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blindshoot-for-ipad/id498827970?ls=1&mt=8
Any comments welcome!
02-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Haha that's genius.. Is there actually any gameplay? or just black screen with noises? :P

02-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Well, I'll be honest. If it does what it seems it does, then kudos for the idea, and I'd love for this game to be successful.

I would, however, change the app icon... It just feels... wrong.
02-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
It has a gameplay, the game actually contains 7 levels
02-20-2012, 08:56 AM
oh nice, the screenshots don't really sell it haha

Yeah I think maybe change the icon, could be more cartoony I don't know.

Good luck!
02-20-2012, 09:16 AM
please change the app icon

seriously... i found it disturbing.
02-20-2012, 09:18 AM
Horrible icon! Although, I suppose blind people can't see it, so it may not really matter how bad it looks.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
02-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Oh wow, I looked at the icon and gasped; you really should change it. A simple spaceship should do. It also needs at least one screenshot that isn't completely black. At least put some text on it about how you play it with audio or something.

I also applaud your efforts in making a game for blind people, but in all honesty, I'm not so sure a large number of blind people even have iOS devices. In the future, I'd recommend making games for the general public if you ever hope to be very successful.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
02-20-2012, 09:29 AM
What a ridiculous thread ! I mean the icon is offense as anything ! Seems like a bit of a sick joke, is this for real ?

I havent looked into how deaf/blind people use iOS, is there 'closed captioning' or audio for deaf users for example ? Blind people though, in a competitive market i think limiting your customers to just blind people will be a very very small market indeed for iOS. This must be some sort of 'silly' joke ?
02-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Indeed kudos for making an app specifically for the blind.

I agree though, change that icon, it is crude and could be perceived as offensive. As a development of the cartoon idea above, how about showing a cartoon character who is blindfolded instead - i.e. the backstory is the protagonist has been blindfolded and you simply play as this character. Then the game works for everyone.

And yes, add some visuals that at least give instruction what to do (as even if they are blind they might need somebody sighted to tell them how to play it).

Apps: Lead Wars (TA Thread) | Super Grav (TA Thread)
DemonStudios Ltd | Indie Game Dev
www.demonstudios.com
Follow: Facebook | Twitter