★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: THQ Inc.
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 354.1 MB
  • Version: 1.07
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The WWE arcade game fans have cherished for decades is back and better than ever! WWE WrestleFest delivers classic WWE action in 2-D. The faithfully recreated experience is complete with current day WWE Superstars like John Cena and Randy Orton, as well as iconic WWE Legends like Jake The Snake Roberts and Macho Man Randy Savage, all poised to compete in a variety of popular match types within several well-known arenas. In WWE WrestleFest, players may also challenge themselves to win a series of championships on the Road to WrestleMania and engage in multiplayer action.

LEGENDARY ROSTER Compete with a notable roster of current WWE Superstars and popular WWE Legends, including John Cena, The Rock, Randy Orton, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Undertaker, Jake The Snake Roberts, Rey Mysterio and Macho Man Randy Savage

RENOWNED ARENAS Experience arcade-style WWE action in several well-known arenas, including Raw, SmackDown, WrestleMania, Royal Rumble and Saturday Nights Main Event

EXTENSIVE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT Update the WrestleFest experience every 30 days with new content, including WWE Superstars, CM Punk, Triple H, and Sheamus, WWE Legends Shawn Michaels and Big Boss Man, as well as the WCW Nitro arena

CLASSIC MATCH TYPES Take on opponents in a variety of popular match types, including Royal Rumble, Steel Cage, Gauntlet, Tag Team and more

ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA Select a WWE Superstar or WWE Legend and compete in a series of challenges to win five different WWE championships

MULTIPLAYER MADNESS Enjoy the WrestleFest experience with others by issuing challenges and competing against others online.

Sanuku's comments:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 166 MB.

Price in NZ is $5.29 which should translate to USD $4.99

02-20-2012, 03:21 PM

02-20-2012, 06:28 PM
02-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Ipopextenze View Post

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
02-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Will i be able to verse people of ipods from ipad?
02-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ipopextenze View Post
Will i be able to verse people of ipods from ipad?

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
02-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Well I knew it was too good to be true, no MR Perfect? Million Dollar Man Ultimate Warrior not even Hogan .......the child inside just died

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8
02-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Play people that have ipod version from ipad version?
02-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Loved the original game... played that all the time when I was a kid.
02-21-2012, 01:39 AM
It's available for purchase now - definitely a mixed bag, but reasonably close to the source material.

Entrances are shoddy at best - there are only a couple generic entrance themes (which cut off in an awkward place as people reach the end of the ramp, only to repeat for the next person). You can barely hear the ring announcer over the crowd, and there's no options to adjust volume levels beyond music/sound on/off.

It doesn't use any of the same code, moves are crudely animated to the point that you wonder what just happened or who landed the move, and unlike the original, your moveset doesn't expand when your opponent has 50% health (which "paced" the game better, keeping you from doing Pile Drivers and Power Bombs from the very beginning unless you were Ted DiBiase who was cool enough to ignore that restriction).

But it's definitely inspired by the original. Fighting logic is largely the same, heck, even the ring announcer animates the same as Mike McGuirk did - they just took the bow out before she left the ring. The outside of the ring even has the same blue stairs and random box that can be used as weapons, and requires a 20-count to get disqualified.

Submissions are still the way to victory. Pins will be broken out of even when your opponent has BELOW zero health, but a submission is a guaranteed win. So pick a character with a submission in their standard grapple moveset if you don't want an exercise in frustration. I won a Royal Rumble match without even moving from the top-left corner, just mashing on the punch-button and auto-tossing opponents once they dropped low enough in health. (The Rumble supports six people in the ring at once, and does accommodate the DLC characters if you spend the extra buck on them.)

'DLC' characters have distinctly cut-and-pasted movesets - they'll have their regular finisher, but I saw Sheamus do the People's Elbow and Triple H land Hulk Hogan's Leg Drop of all things. :| (Buying the extra characters won't increase the file size any.)

For the HD version on the iPad, the "joystick zone" could use to be enlarged as well - it was easy to stop being able to move at all, leaving me unable to test if the "old school" fighting strategy of running away for half the fight and bopping the CPU in the nose would work on this new incarnation or not.

In the end, it's not BAD, but I don't think it has enough substance or polish to deserve a $4(+$1) pricetag. Obviously, we'll never see Hogan or the Warrior in the game, but you'd think people like Perfect, Slaughter, DiBiase, and others that don't have major issues with the WWE could have been represented right off the bat.

But I suppose they're marketing towards the current generation, not the generation which the original game reflected (which was even before the WWF's "Attitude Era").

Last edited by Laire; 02-21-2012 at 01:57 AM.