★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: StudioFang
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 56.7 MB
  • Version: V1.0.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Now you can find the new 3D simulation game Battle FanG at App Stores.

The humans have been at war with Major on middle earth for a long time.
The god protecting the humans and the devil who rules Majok have felt the burden of the long war and bet each other over who will control middle earth with just one war.

The race that loses the war can no longer live in middle earth and will die out.

The humans and Majok have been battling for 60 days over the car of a stone called the Summon Meteor.

Now you must become the commanding officer and lead the troops into battle to defend middle earth.

An exciting defense game where you use cool units and colorful spell casters to defeat the monsters~!

There are units with 10 different kinds of jobs and 5 kinds of strong totems.

A unit system which can strengthen abilities with my units alone.

30 kinds of items to strengthen units.

Player spell caster who helps in battle.

A long game made up of 50 stages.

Various strategies consisting of units, items, and player spells.

Drexiel's comments:

Looks like a PvZ clone... actually interested in this one

Haven't found videos though.

And there's only 1 iap...
02-21-2012, 12:41 AM
just bought it... will post some impressions 2morrow

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB

02-21-2012, 07:35 AM
Looking forward to your impressions, Drexiel. Looks interesting.
02-21-2012, 08:15 AM
looks really good. Little short on kachings right now so imma hold off till i get some imps. Looking forward to what you have to say for this one Drexiel.
02-21-2012, 09:13 AM
well I've cleared the first 7 stages...

it's fast paced and a bit challenging...

since this seems to be made by a Chinese company, there's naturally, some spelling mistakes and the such.... and there's even 1 item that has it's skill name in Chinese(?)... But it's an item fir healers so the skill is obvious...

as soon as i clear more stages I'll start writing more... i need to see is Totems are also unlocked via gameplay or just via IAP...

and then there's the money issue... I've been getting like 100 gold per stage for the first 7 stages, and it seems reasonable...

Playlist
02-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Ok I've played 31 levels now out of the 50 levels.... yup I've been playing most of today, this one game... i really had some fun, at first.

Pro's:
-easy to understand
-easy and responsive controls
-No need for grind
-accessible

Con's:
-Too easy... WAY too easy
-1 game mode
-Short Levels that take at most 10 minutes to beat. Use 2x Speed and lower that to less than 5 minutes. (With good units and equips, 2-3 minutes per stage)

It's fast paced... meaning there's no unit cool downs, units are disposable and with low health(at first at least) so you'll be resupplying your front line a lot till you get healers(near the end of chapter 1). There's no dicking around like in PvZ where you must wait an eternity for things to arrive...

At first i though... wow this is challenging... you need to constantly manage the fight, being aware of everyone's hp and using the tank type units(which don't attack btw) to halt progress from a high hp monster or mini boss/boss...

But then i saved 600 gold and upgraded the basic and cheapest unit to level 5 (just took me 1 chapter, which went by in like 20 minutes).... Then i noticed something.... I just broke the game.... my soldiers were attacking at like 3x the normal rate and sometimes(most of the time) triggering a double attack ability, which decimated everything in their path...

i even cleared stage 24 with just 4 units... the first staring Soldiers i bought, which cost 10g each...

I currenlty have my soldiers at max level(level 10) and I ONLY use mages now (since stage 26/27).... Frontline with 4 soldiers, middle line with 2 mages... and STAGE CLEARED!

There are a few spelling mistakes and there are instances of Chinese letters(in one of the items and on certain actions in middle of a battle, i think it's Poison).

Most units have an Active Ability which must be triggered by selecting the unit and then clicking on the ability icon. At first i thought it was challengin since i needed to use the skills as much as possible(they have low cooldowns too), but after the item+soldier upgrade... i rarely use those anymore.

There are also skills which you gain in the middle of a fight, skills like Power Up, Atk Speed Up, Poison, Heal, Magic Damage.... All which proved very usefull till i broke the game balance ._. oh and im not done breaking it since i can get more items like that and equip them to archers(meh) and thieves(my second most used unit before the mage arrived)

THERE'S NO NEED FOR GRINDING... I replayed 1 stage and it was just to get the 50 gold i needed for the item in mention, b4 advancing the game.

As much fun as I had(up to a point), this game is by no means a must have.... I found it to be too casual... Apart from the item, Later units are very powerful and Cheap (Knights have like 2.5k health and 160 power, for 100g... while Soldiers have like 200 hp, 32 atk for 10g... and each kill gets you 10-20g... did i mention u get swarmed by mobs?)

again, as much fun as i had, i don't think i can recommend this unless you are terrible at strategy games and want an easy game

Playlist

Last edited by Drexiel; 02-21-2012 at 11:32 PM.
02-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Im not really a big defense game fan so with your impressions and mini review, id have to skip this one.

Actually this turned me off: Too easy, too short.
02-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Im not really a big defense game fan so with your impressions and mini review, id have to skip this one.

Actually this turned me off: Too easy, too short.
i said 5-10 minutes.... i was off...

i cleared stages 32 up to 37 in like 10 minutes.... im at stage 43 now and bored out of my mind since now the game has becomes mindnumbingly easy...

i just take 2 units into play... soldier and mage.... the cheapest unit with the most expensive one... once my mages are out, nothing will kill me... so stages go by in a minute or so

it's a shame really... the game started out VERY fun... and once i got some good units and some money for equips, i accidentally turned the "Baby Mode" switch on =/

Playlist

Last edited by Drexiel; 02-21-2012 at 11:34 PM.
03-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Game Impressions