App description: THE WORLDS BEST-SELLING TRADING CARD GAME NOW ON iPAD!

Its Time to Duel! Enjoy thrilling Duels against players from around the world and characters from the animated TV series! Collect cards that represent powerful Monsters, magical Spells and surprising Traps to build a winning Deck to smite your foes. Limitless play offline or online and unique weekly challenges makes Yu-Gi-Oh! DUEL GENERATION the perfect free-to-play Trading Card Game for all players.

ANYONE CAN PLAY: From new Duelists to experienced players, DUEL GENERATION is a game that anyone can pick up and play. A Tutorial is included to assist new players as well as a campaign mode that lets players focus on easier opponents until theyre ready to take on greater challengers!

THOUSANDS OF CARDS: Over 6,000 cards will be available to collect, from Blue-Eyes White Dragon to Bujins, with even more to be released in the future!

WEEKLY CHALLENGES: Each week the game features the opportunity to battle a fresh lineup of progressively more difficult opponents for new cards that can be added to your Decks.

OFFLINE & ONLINE PLAY: All game modes feature unlimited free play perfect for honing your skills!

DUEL GENERATION is the most complete free-to-play card game experience on mobile. Whether you are a beginning Trading Card Game player or a seasoned veteran, theres something for everyone to enjoy.

Compatibility:
iPad Mini, 1st Gen
iPad Mini, 2nd Gen
iPad, 2nd Gen
iPad/iPad Air, 3rd Gen, 4th Gen

Supports iOS versions 6.0 and Up.

Languages supported:
* English
* French
* Italian
* German
* Spanish

1996 KAZUKI TAKAHASHI
2011 NAS * TV TOKYO
10-24-2014, 06:44 AM
Boom! (Not bam! Lol).
Doesn't look half bad. Wonder how close it is to true yugioh.
But alas, iPad only.

10-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Game Impressions

My early impressions:

- You can play offline! The single player campaign does not require an internet connection. You do need to register to buy cards and play online though.

- So far it seems like a proper digital adaptation of the original card game. This is not something like Bam! was.

- The interface is simply the best I have seen in a digital card game. The way they handled looking at cards in your hand is fast and easy, identifying and activating turn phases is super intuitive. Overall, the interface makes me wonder why no one else has ever got it this right previously.

- Avatars and theme are closely linked to the source material. I only mention this because of the strange choices the Pokmon TCG APP made.

- The game itself seems to run smoothly and the AI plays fast, allowing for quick and enjoyable matches rather than dragging things out.

- Overall, I really like the look of this so far. Hopefully it holds up as I get more play-time in.
10-24-2014, 09:19 AM
So.. Do we need to buy packs to obtain a card? Or cards can be obtained by playing the game only? I wish the original card can be scanned so we don't have to buy the card twice.....

Currently Playing: IMPLOSION, MHFU, FFRK
Waiting For: any game that can beat MHFU awesomeness!!
GC Account: chaos_envoys Feel free to add me ^^
Anti Always-On DRM for single player game!!!!

Last edited by chaos_envoys; 10-24-2014 at 09:37 AM.
10-24-2014, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirenx View Post
My early impressions:

- The interface is simply the best I have seen in a digital card game. The way they handled looking at cards in your hand is fast and easy, identifying and activating turn phases is super intuitive. Overall, the interface makes me wonder why no one else has ever got it this right previously.
Do you play Hearthstone? If so, how do these compare? Hearthstone is 100% perfection in every way, and after the awful interface of the disappointing Pokemon TCG, I'm very curious about this one. Even with as much as I enjoyed playing Yu-Gi-Oh back in the day, if the interface is bad, I will have a hard time caring.

Simpsons Tapped Out: supersmashandy
10-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Installed size?

I've never played Yu-Gi-Oh!, but Shonen Jump keeps mailing me promo cards.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
10-24-2014, 12:58 PM
Game Impressions

Tutorial: (Boring - Konami has to change it as soon as possible because it`s just horrible dull!)
Campaign: (The usual One - Could be better but again Konami doesn`t seem to try even to do something different then others so it just feel like they missed an opportunity)

Last edited by Sanuku; 10-24-2014 at 01:08 PM.
10-24-2014, 01:58 PM
I don't have an ipad but yugioh Bam is probably one of my favorite card collectors on the app store. Vastly underrated. Aside from energy it played very very well. I'm assuming this is for ipad mainly because true yugioh (as of now) would be difficult to put onto a smaller screen. Bam makes it simple enough for anyone on an iphone to play.

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // VainGlory: GodKing // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa
10-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Am I missing something? I can't get the cards to magnify (double tap) so I can read them better...
10-24-2014, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSNellie View Post
Am I missing something? I can't get the cards to magnify (double tap) so I can read them better...
They don't magnify in the typical sense - the description is shown at the left of the screen and you can scroll through it with swipes. I was confused at first but it works well enough, not that I wouldn't prefer an option.

The "campaign" is perfectly fine for this game, it's just an emulator essentially for the physical game and in that sense it works perfectly. I'm not sure what Sanuku wanted but the times Konami have diverged from this formula have given us Forbidden Memories, Falsebound Kingdom and Wheelie Breakers. Ask any fan what they'd want on iOS and they'd say a faithful translation. The game's very simple too, that tutorial that "must be changed" is perfectly fine for a ten minute breeze through...

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Xbox: PeteOzzy Steam: PeteOzzy GC: PeteOzzy107 PSN: PeteOzzy107 Friend Invites always welcome.