Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-21-2012, 12:12 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
There seems to be no other platforms around it... I'm probably just missing something...

Still worth a buck though.
Just played it to get to that point (its past the first 'resume' post isnt it)

Yep you simply jump to the right, keep your finger on right and he'll jump onto that platform. Just make sure you keep your finger on right
Old 02-21-2012, 12:39 PM

Default game guy

This is pretty cool,if you are thinking about getting it I would get it fast as it may get pulled when the guys at apple wake up.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:00 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by frasermorgan View Post
This is pro! The only thing it is missing is background music
Exactly! A level selector would be nice but that won't happen. And yes, you can go left!
Old 02-21-2012, 03:36 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Just played it to get to that point (its past the first 'resume' post isnt it)

Yep you simply jump to the right, keep your finger on right and he'll jump onto that platform. Just make sure you keep your finger on right
Nope still no luck... :/ I wonder if it's just like a glitch for 2nd gen devices cuz I can jump on other platforms of that height:

I don't get it... Anybody else having this problem?
Old 02-21-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Not sure how long it will stay in the app store before it gets pulled so I would say grab it. It's worth a buck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asolja View Post
This is pretty cool,if you are thinking about getting it I would get it fast as it may get pulled when the guys at apple wake up.
why do people say this - it's not actually "stealing" anything. There's plenty of apps on the store, which might look like other things, but this is very clearly marked. I'd not expect it to be removed, unless Nintendo sent some C&D to the dev and gave them a chance to alter any questionable content. In this case they might insist the "case" should look much less like an actual GameBoy, but I don't see this happening.

Last edited by headcaseGames; 02-21-2012 at 07:50 PM..
Old 02-21-2012, 06:35 PM

lmao,strange you went on to state the obvious reasons why it May be pulled.Still I suppose its a given that you senior guys like slapping down and ridiculing junior members eh.

Kepp up the good work senior citizen.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asolja View Post
lmao,strange you went on to state the obvious reasons why it May be pulled.Still I suppose its a given that you senior guys like slapping down and ridiculing junior members eh.

Kepp up the good work senior citizen.
The point is, it's dangerous. More and more there's a lot of uninformed people with "mob mentality" to whatever degree, and this not only affects an individual developer's project, but also their reputation - and can shape the culture of the type of games you see show up on iOS ultimately (and not necessarily for the better). There's a lot of talk lately about ripoffs, obviously some of it is very appropriate as that sort of thing has been a little ludicrously high-profile (Dream Heights, "Pokemon") - but it is upsetting when you see people quick to place blame where it doesn't belong.

I'd like to see more work done on retro-styled platformers on the phone, not only do I enjoy them but I think they are important (again, not only for the business, but the culture as well) and it's certainly not coincidental that this is something I have a vested interest in personally. A little controversy is okay, so long as it sparks discussion; but when people make snap judgements (or uninformed ones) then that just makes things more difficult; it can kill a product/dev before they've even been given an honest chance, this is unfair considering how much work it can be to make an app.

If you want to judge a game, play it for yourself first (at the very least, watch some amount of video of it)

EDIT: and yes, I will go on record saying the dev of this particular game has some questionable content on their website (other games released for other platforms, with what appears to be ripped licenses). I won't dig through all of that to see"what's legit vs what isn't, whether or not it is free or for sale, etc" but the pertinent app in this discussion (gameguy) looks legit enough to me, for the reasons I've already stated -

Last edited by headcaseGames; 02-21-2012 at 08:04 PM..
Old 02-24-2012, 10:48 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Thanks to psj3809 for showing us over to Touch Arcade forums.
GameGuy is our 2nd app, if you have any questions on GameGuy please post them below.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:51 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkProductionsGames View Post
Thanks to psj3809 for showing us over to Touch Arcade forums.
GameGuy is our 2nd app, if you have any questions on GameGuy please post them below.
Welcome to the forum...

And...

Any chance you'll make it so that the game runs in Landscape Mode, with the directional buttons on the left side of the 'screen' and the jump on the right (like the devs of The Blocks Cometh did??)
Old 02-24-2012, 01:14 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Welcome to the forum...

And...

Any chance you'll make it so that the game runs in Landscape Mode, with the directional buttons on the left side of the 'screen' and the jump on the right (like the devs of The Blocks Cometh did??)
Our next app is a full screen Landscape platformer, but GameGuy was originally just a fun app that just looked like a retro game machine(portrait) before it was decided to add an actually playable little platformer in.

The Blocks Cometh "Gamebot" landscape mode is excellent, especially the Green Screen effect.