★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

PR: Van Dyk Entertainment Releases Slice 'n Dice Ninja (Promo Code Giveaway)

02-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to GarrettVD
PR: Van Dyk Entertainment Releases Slice 'n Dice Ninja (Promo Code Giveaway)

Hey everyone!

My name is Garrett Van Dyk, and I am an independent iOS application developer based in Ontario, Canada. I'd like to take this opportunity to annouce my first release, Slice 'n Dice Ninja, on the TouchArcade forums. In addition, I will be giving away 5 FREE PROMO CODES, and perhaps some more after those run out! First come, first serve, folks!

All you have to do is go to our Facebook page, LIKE our fanpage, and SHARE our launch (it's a few posts down, here it is verbatim: We've released the iOS version of Slice 'n Dice Ninja on the App Store! Check it out today! http://t.co/LBwHEeMX). Post in this thread to ensure you get it!

Check us out on Twitter, as well!

Here is some information regarding the game:

Quote:
Brantford, Canada - Van Dyk Entertainment would like to announce the release of their premiere iOS application, Slice 'n Dice Ninja 1.0, now available in the App Store. Slice 'n Dice ninja is a physics-based castle-defense game, employing superb artwork, anatomically-correct ragdoll-physics and skeletal animation.

Set in a beautiful historic Japanese environment, Slice 'n Dice Ninja allows the player to choose from a multitude of weapons, including a katana, ninja stars, grapple hook, spring-board traps and more! The game is OpenFeint and Game Center-enabled, with more challenges being added in every update.

Premise: "The year is 1550 AD, Sengoku-period. It is a time of social upheaval, political intrigue, and nearly constant military conflict. Japan is dominated by local lords, known as "Daimyo". One particular Daimyo, Nagiichi KAMIYA, has become the subject of numerous social uprisings and assassination attempts, due to imposing high taxes on the lower class farmers and craftsmen."

"Neighboring Daimyo uses this as a means to extend their dominance by means of assassination. You've been hired as a mercenary for the personal protection of KAMIYA. You are a lone ninja, whose name is revered throughout Central Japan for your skill and abilities in the ancient martial arts known as "Ninjitsu", gained from years of dedicated training. Should you successfully complete your mission, you will be greatly compensated for your time and skill."

---

Device Requirements:
* iOS 4.0 or later
* iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
* 60.0 MB

Pricing and Availability:
Slice 'n Dice Ninja 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
UPDATE: Promotional codes have all been given away via direct message. I will be releasing a few more in the near futures, so keep your eyes peeled on our Facebook and Twitter pages!

Slice 'n Dice Ninja - An exciting castle-defense game employing ragdoll physics, superb retina-display graphics, and engaging gameplay.
View a trailer for Slice 'n Dice Ninja here
Firewall Defender - An exciting and FREE game that will test your reflexes!

Last edited by GarrettVD; 02-21-2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Promotion is over, for now.
02-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Done and done! Would love a promo code, thanks!

BTW, the stuff to reshare is about a dozen posts down the page, well-hidden below the fold. The game does look very stylish though; great graphics!

Last edited by dclose; 02-21-2012 at 01:48 PM.

02-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Thank you! Please check your DM for your promo code!

Slice 'n Dice Ninja - An exciting castle-defense game employing ragdoll physics, superb retina-display graphics, and engaging gameplay.
02-21-2012, 01:59 PM
I dont really use my twitter but i did on facebook. Would like to have a promo code please.
02-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Not a problem, check your inbox

02-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Followed and RT'ed @omerkarakaya58
Liked @Ömer Karakaya
I like a promo code.
Thanks in advance !!!
02-21-2012, 02:43 PM
To be honest im not really impressed with the game so far, but i can definitely see some potential here.

One, the camera slider is too close to the ninjas running on the ground. More often than not, i accidentally pan the camera instead of slash a ninja.

Two, reduce the number of Bombed Ninjas. They are a good inclusion in the game, but i bet players would have more enjoyment with a slashfest. The occasional Bombed Ninja would be just additional thing to look out for.

Three, the slashing with the Katana doesnt feel as responsive. Not sure how many FPS the slash animation is, but sometimes slashing on a ninja too fast actually misses the attack. Like the animation skips it or something. Since this is where the bulk of the gameplay is, this should really be taken into account.

Four, the game needs more sound effects. Im not going to point out how many but there's a lot that needs it.

Five, i think the ninja animation are too clunky. It's cool to use ragdoll physics during their deaths and it's areally good touch.

I havent really gone too far into the game yet as these are initial impressions. I sure hope to see ninjas flying all around to make the game a real slashfest, which i believe will make the game more fun and interesting.

Cheers!
02-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Thank you for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
To be honest im not really impressed with the game so far, but i can definitely see some potential here.

One, the camera slider is too close to the ninjas running on the ground. More often than not, i accidentally pan the camera instead of slash a ninja.

Two, reduce the number of Bombed Ninjas. They are a good inclusion in the game, but i bet players would have more enjoyment with a slashfest. The occasional Bombed Ninja would be just additional thing to look out for.

Three, the slashing with the Katana doesnt feel as responsive. Not sure how many FPS the slash animation is, but sometimes slashing on a ninja too fast actually misses the attack. Like the animation skips it or something. Since this is where the bulk of the gameplay is, this should really be taken into account.

Four, the game needs more sound effects. Im not going to point out how many but there's a lot that needs it.

Five, i think the ninja animation are too clunky. It's cool to use ragdoll physics during their deaths and it's areally good touch.

I havent really gone too far into the game yet as these are initial impressions. I sure hope to see ninjas flying all around to make the game a real slashfest, which i believe will make the game more fun and interesting.

Cheers!

02-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettVD View Post
Thank you for the feedback!
No problem. Looking forward to how the game moves on!
02-21-2012, 03:26 PM
We still have another promo code if anyone is interested!