★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Online: Mad Light

02-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Online: Mad Light

I made free online version of my iOS game Mad Light.
You can play it here: http://aivanis.com/MadLight/web.html

02-21-2012, 05:29 PM
OK, wow, I don't know what to think about this even after watching the video several times! Everything's moving so fast!! From what I see, you're moving your cursor-thing to avoid being hit by all the other stuff going on. And there's a lot of stuff, and you're moving really fast! Are you doing all that just by tilting? If I'm wrong, please give us a description of what we're seeing here and what we're doing. This looks very interesting! Thanks!

02-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
OK, wow, I don't know what to think about this even after watching the video several times! Everything's moving so fast!! From what I see, you're moving your cursor-thing to avoid being hit by all the other stuff going on. And there's a lot of stuff, and you're moving really fast! Are you doing all that just by tilting? If I'm wrong, please give us a description of what we're seeing here and what we're doing. This looks very interesting! Thanks!
Goal of this game is to cut off most of the grid. There are different kinds of enemies that will try to stop you. Firstly it will be only a slow enemy moving around, then enemies that damage the grid, then diggers, shooters and flamethrowers.
You use simple tilt controls to move around and touch to accelerate.
Features:
-neon graphics
-tilt controls
-variety of enemies
-a lot of fun with 100 levels
02-22-2012, 12:10 PM
I speeded up video at some points to show more levels.
You can play this game also online with keyboard arrows and click instead of tilt and touch here (you will need to install unity player plugin if you don't have it).
02-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Hmmm/ Looks kinda Qix'ish. I'll have to keep this in mind the next time I have some App store credit.
04-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Bumping because this game is a lot of fun and seems severely overlooked. Discovered it today, while looking for other games by the developer. Kelly, his most recent game, is a great platformer I highly recommend checking out

Mad Light reminds me of the recent Qix-esque games like Colourfill and Box It. Fill in the level, avoid enemies. The tilt controls feel responsive and the gameplay gets pretty intense as new enemies are introduced.

Last edited by Bronxsta; 04-27-2014 at 04:08 PM.
04-27-2014, 03:35 PM
Thanks. I'm glad you like it.