02-21-2012, 05:57 PM
#11
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Posts: 7,686
One of the very rare occasions where a freemium game actually looks really good imo.

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
02-21-2012, 06:05 PM
#12
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Only Mr. Burns would take a fantastic IP like the Simpsons and pair it with a crap freemium model. I'm gonna drink a Flaming Moe and avoid this like if it was a plate full of Springfield three-eyed fish.
I would love to see an iOS port of Hit & Run. But frankly, I would be curious to see a satirical take on the Freemiun trend, similar to what Hit & Run did for GTA. Not sure if that's what we have here, though.

02-21-2012, 06:12 PM
#13
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I would love to see an iOS port of Hit & Run. But frankly, I would be curious to see a satirical take on the Freemiun trend, similar to what Hit & Run did for GTA. Not sure if that's what we have here, though.
If this were a piss take on freemium I'd be all over it. Unfortunately I'm guessing it isn't. I'd love to be wrong though.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
02-21-2012, 06:16 PM
#14
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
If this were a piss take on freemium I'd be all over it. Unfortunately I'm guessing it isn't. I'd love to be wrong though.
While its still a freemium game at heart it also takes the piss out of freemium games in the cut scene (homer is playing elf town or something on his mypad in the opening scene and spends 1k while saying he'll just get a refund by blaming the kids for doing it) lol.
It's deffinatly worth a look if you like the Simpsons.
02-21-2012, 09:40 PM
#16
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
While its still a freemium game at heart it also takes the piss out of freemium games in the cut scene (homer is playing elf town or something on his mypad in the opening scene and spends 1k while saying he'll just get a refund by blaming the kids for doing it) lol.
It's deffinatly worth a look if you like the Simpsons.
Getting it just to see that.
02-22-2012, 02:08 AM
#17
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 513
Played it for 30 mins and deleted it. Management type game isn't for me but this is a pretty good Simpsons game. It's full of humor and style, definitely download to try if you're a Simpsons fan.
02-22-2012, 04:53 AM
#18
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Thames Ditton, UK
Posts: 346
How intrusive are the IAPs? Could one really play it for free or will I find that progress is halted for days.

For example, Tiny Tower can be played for free. Anything by Zynga cannot. I suppose it uses Origin instead of GameCenter too, so will I be missing much if I'm not connected to friends?
02-22-2012, 11:39 AM
#19
Joined: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by toythatkills View Post
How intrusive are the IAPs? Could one really play it for free or will I find that progress is halted for days.

For example, Tiny Tower can be played for free. Anything by Zynga cannot. I suppose it uses Origin instead of GameCenter too, so will I be missing much if I'm not connected to friends?
It does use origin, no idea how much you lose by not inviting friends though.

This game does actually have a decent sense of humor, but is IAP necessary? Hard to say at this point.. You do collect some premium currency just during normal play, but it doesnt seem like a lot.

Also be careful because I spent some accidentally. I went to tap the little (i) to get information about the mystery box, and ended up clicking on the box itself, there was no confirmation if I wanted to spend the donuts, it just deducted them. I felt a little cheated even if it was my own fat fingers fault.

Error 404. Signature can not be displayed.
02-22-2012, 12:35 PM
#20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
It does use origin, no idea how much you lose by not inviting friends though.

This game does actually have a decent sense of humor, but is IAP necessary? Hard to say at this point.. You do collect some premium currency just during normal play, but it doesnt seem like a lot.

Also be careful because I spent some accidentally. I went to tap the little (i) to get information about the mystery box, and ended up clicking on the box itself, there was no confirmation if I wanted to spend the donuts, it just deducted them. I felt a little cheated even if it was my own fat fingers fault.
Do you really have to talk about your finger in such a derogatory manner? I feel a bit sorry for it! It's hard work is obviously not appreciated!
I can guarantee you, without those fingers you'd be a very frustrated man, so please don't throw them under the bus like that!

Currently addicted to: Duet game, Threes, Tengami, Oquonie, Platforms Unlimited, Perloo, Wave Wave