★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: CCCP - Cosmonaut Cat Catch Parachute

02-22-2012, 10:38 AM
CCCP - Cosmonaut Cat Catch Parachute

Hi everyone, I've just submitted my first app to Apple for approval. It's an arcade game with short rounds, inspired by games like Enviro Bear 2000. If you have any questions then ask away!

Here's the blurb;

On November 3rd, 1957 Laika the dog entered space. For 55 years she was considered lost. In 2012 the real story is finally ready to be told. Pieced together from recently declassified soviet-era documents, the CIA archives, and with gaps filled in from the back of shampoo bottles, this is a story of action, adventure, love, sacrifice and heroism; This is the story of Cosmonaut Cat.

The world's best, and probably only* cat-with-a-parachute-in-space-simulator. Can you keep your butter-fingered opposable thumbs on the slippery parachute long enough to reach a safe height to pull the cord? Will you alter history and save Laika the dog from certain death? Probably.

02-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Instant Buy as soon as CCCP does launch in our Galaxy.

02-22-2012, 10:45 AM
@.@ pixels......

....video please.....

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
02-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
@.@ pixels......

....video please.....
^^^ yuppa... would love to see a vid... the game LOOKS interesting... =oP
02-22-2012, 10:51 AM
i'll upload one soon! I've been so into crunch time that I've hardly had a chance to make one!
02-22-2012, 10:53 AM
This definitely looks really good. I'll give this a purchase once it's gone live.

Denjin K - Game Center
EraOfDiversion - XBL
@Vallystyle - Twitter
02-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Do you have an estimated time in which Cosmonaut Cat may land?

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
02-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Do you have an estimated time in which Cosmonaut Cat may land?
It's with Apple, but I'll post here as soon as it's available.
02-22-2012, 11:50 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
not entirely sure how this game works. could you give us a brief description of the gameplay mechanics?
02-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
not entirely sure how this game works. could you give us a brief description of the gameplay mechanics?
Of course; you have to stop the parachute from falling off the bottom of the screen. You do that by swiping it upwards. Simple? Of course! Easy.

Wait until the last second and you get more points. You also get additional points from tapping other falling objects etc (and these collide with the chute, pushing it downwards). There's a couple of other things but I don't want to spoil the plot.

It's pretty easy to learn, but quite difficult to get really good at.