★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How often apple pay their apps developer??

02-22-2012, 11:38 AM
How often apple pay their apps developer??

How often apple pay their apps developer?? For example if I submitted an game app 5th of February 2012, when do I get the 70% to my bank account. When I'm registering I have clicked the MONTHLY pay one. Please tell me how does they pay, is it 30 days from the submission of the apps or they have a particular day in a month to pay???
02-23-2012, 06:06 AM
Apple Payments

You get paid the month after the previous month, so say on the 1st of March you would get paid for all the sales in the month of January.

I makes cash flow pretty tricky, say 3 months in development, 2 weeks+ for approval, then 2 months until and funds come in from the app. So it is not for the light hearted or those without enough funds to take the risk.

The good news is though if your app is good you will see a residual income over the life of the app, so when you look at how much is earnt off each app say over a 2 year period it works out to be worthwhile.

The app store is so flooded at the moment as well that chances are you won't cover your time on the development of the app unless you put some serious cash into advertising on the launch.
02-23-2012, 08:39 AM
It's worth pointing out that there's a minimum payment threshold, so if you don't make in excess of $150, then any money you do make will be carried over to the next month, until you pass $150.