★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** BIG WEEKEND SALE! FULL GAME 50% OFF FOR A LIMITED TIME! ***

"...challenging 2D action with a cool physics twist. " - Apptudes.com

"Gears of Fur succeeds in bringing something new to platformers with its gear friction mechanics..." - iFanzine

"...certainly looks like a contender for iOSs Mario to me." - AppAdvice

"in the couple minutes i've been playing it...it already looks & feels like one of (if not) the best platformers in the AppStore. It'll def get some playtime..." - Player comment

Cheezia: Gears of Fur is a physics-based platformer in the spirit of Marios and Sonics. You are Manu the Mouse who must save the secret cheese recipes from the hands of Evil Kiwinel bird. Jump, dash and climb walls while you roll through various levels of dangers and enemies. Collect bonus items and activate super powers like invulnerability or super speed.

Features:
- Get the first 6 levels for free!
- Platforming action with easy and precise controls
- Physics engine brings realism and excitement to gameplay
- Universal App that runs in iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- HD graphics and Retina Display support
- Game Center leaderboards

goiMot's comments:

02-22-2012, 01:40 PM
this and munch time probably for me only! if not munch time then at least this. slow week

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3

02-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Anyone have iAP pricing and content info? Thanks.

Twitter: @back2this
02-22-2012, 01:58 PM
There are six first levels??? That's certainly confusing.

I'm looking forward to trying this out.
02-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to sh13ld
Oh, I was just about to create a topic for our game but goiMot was faster :-)

A brief introduction: My name is Jyri and I'm one of the three developers behind Cheezia: Gears of Fur.

Some answers to your questions:
- There is currently only one iAP and it unlocks the second world with 8 levels. The price is Tier 2 ($1.99, 1.49 or 1,59 )

- Yeah, six first levels :-) A small typo there, thanks for spotting that!

Co-founder of Kiemura, a game company with a husband-wife team.
Piranh.io is coming to App Store and Google Play on October 6th!
02-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
this and munch time probably for me only! if not munch time then at least this. slow week
Yeah, real slow. What happened to Lume? Was looking forward to that!

Particularly as its a risk-free download, I'll definitely grab this though.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
02-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Could possibly be a decent game. I won't know since the developer did not think it necessary to make the position of on-screen buttons adjustable on the iPad, and my thumbs are under four inches long.
02-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Could possibly be a decent game. I won't know since the developer did not think it necessary to make the position of on-screen buttons adjustable on the iPad, and my thumbs are under four inches long.
Agreed... And as usual... Would LOVE to see some joypad support...

Oh well... Since I'm a platform monger, guess my iPod will have to do...
02-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
On the iPhone 4S this is actually a pretty excellent game (at least the couple of levels I've played so far), with great controls, accurate physics (including good use of inertia), and clever level design. I am particularly fond of the persistent star ratings, which allow you to play levels either for items/exploration or speed. Graphics are cute, with fairly detailed character animation. My only complaint is that the scrolling is not a smooth as it could be.

It's too bad about the iPad buttons. Hopefully they can address the issue in an update.
02-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
My only complaint is that the scrolling is not a smooth as it could be.
does this mean when the screen is moving, it's jittery/choppy?