★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: I hate BiiPlane-SciFly comparisons.

11-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
I hate BiiPlane-SciFly comparisons.

Why does everybody compare these two apps. They target two different audiences, and the goal is to accomplish two different things. There is no drawing a comparison between these two. Try SciFly and Wings or BiiPlane and BiiBall. Or anything except between the two. This has come up countless times, and you can't provide a real answer. I own both, and play both. I think the controls on BiiPlane are better, and SciFly is a great dogfighting game, a genre that is almost completely missing on the iPhone. But they are for different people. Stop drawing comparisons. And goodness if people don't start asking which to buy when both are $.99. Its less than a pack of gum. Or a bottle of Coke. Or your morning donut. Get both and throw out the one that you don't like. You can't get a straight answer when the comparison is so indirect.
11-16-2008, 12:41 AM
good call... $.99 isn't that big of a deal..i bought duckduckduck AND touchphysics (i think i regret both purchases) but I'm not going to complain or look back...

I feel like any of the Bootant games blow and are essentially the same games anyway, especially the graphics. We know that SciFly is going to be continuously developed, so just choose that and be done with it.

Clearly they are two different genres, so i completely agree with you Brewstermax, it really is like comparing two different games.. just because there are planes in each, that doesn't warrant a side-by-side comparison!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
11-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegmans View Post
good call... $.99 isn't that big of a deal..i bought duckduckduck AND touchphysics (i think i regret both purchases) but I'm not going to complain or look back...

I feel like any of the Bootant games blow and are essentially the same games anyway, especially the graphics. We know that SciFly is going to be continuously developed, so just choose that and be done with it.

Clearly they are two different genres, so i completely agree with you Brewstermax, it really is like comparing two different games.. just because there are planes in each, that doesn't warrant a side-by-side comparison!
Thank you. Finally someone who understands that a single similarity doesn't warrant a comparison. Same thing with biiball and super monkey ball. They are different enough that just because both involve balls, a comparison isn't warranted.
11-23-2008, 12:41 PM
I just hate BiiPlane, or any other Bootant derivative..

EDIT:: oops sorry, i just noticed i already commented on this ha

still though... Bootant..

Plus+ ID: Wegmans