Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-27-2012, 08:48 PM
gunxsword gunxsword is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,556
Default

Niccccccce! More roads to land on!

The landscape seem a bit flat though, is it in 2D or 3D?

P.S. I'd love to participate for beta but I'm not using any social networking sites. Is there still a chance for me to become a beta tester?
  #32  
Old 03-27-2012, 09:28 PM
flightunlimited flightunlimited is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Niccccccce! More roads to land on!

The landscape seem a bit flat though, is it in 2D or 3D?

P.S. I'd love to participate for beta but I'm not using any social networking sites. Is there still a chance for me to become a beta tester?
If you liked the first Flight Unlimited you'll love what we have in store.

The terrain around the city is 2D based on accurate satellite imagery. This is the way that Microsoft Flight Simulator does it for example. All of the hotels and buildings on the Las Vegas strip are modeled in full 3D. We'll also have mountains, lakes, etc.

The city is about 25 times larger than what you find in the Flight Unlimited currently in the app store.

We also have missions! If you have questions please ask.
Email us or add us on twitter for beta testing.
mail@iphoneflightsimulator.com
  #33  
Old 03-27-2012, 11:52 PM
gunxsword gunxsword is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightunlimited View Post
If you liked the first Flight Unlimited you'll love what we have in store.

The terrain around the city is 2D based on accurate satellite imagery. This is the way that Microsoft Flight Simulator does it for example. All of the hotels and buildings on the Las Vegas strip are modeled in full 3D. We'll also have mountains, lakes, etc.

The city is about 25 times larger than what you find in the Flight Unlimited currently in the app store.
Beta'ed that one and liked the city concept! I still want a more maneuverable plane to navigate between those buildings though .

Oh I see...
  #34  
Old 03-29-2012, 06:16 PM
flightunlimited flightunlimited is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 335
Default

We've been playing around with a brand new build that has some neat lighting effects and graphical features. Check it out! Almost console quality








What do you guys think?
  #35  
Old 03-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Nicoipad Nicoipad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightunlimited View Post
We've been playing around with a brand new build that has some neat lighting effects and graphical features. Check it out! Almost console quality








What do you guys think?
I think I need this game soon, haha! Is San Francisco included as a second city and will there be multiplayer?
  #36  
Old 03-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Howard Howard is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 141
Default

Remarkable graphics!
  #37  
Old 03-29-2012, 10:30 PM
gunxsword gunxsword is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,556
Default

The satellite image in the first picture is ugly, but I know it's not the dev's fault.

Shadows on some buildings' surfaces make the look bad, but the buildings themselves look great.
  #38  
Old 03-29-2012, 11:32 PM
beelzebub23 beelzebub23 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 434
Default

Looks AWESOME!

You could make it controllable by another iDevice like they did for chopper 2:

Youtube link | Pop Up


Think how great it would look on the big screen!
  #39  
Old 03-30-2012, 09:49 AM
flightunlimited flightunlimited is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoipad View Post
I think I need this game soon, haha! Is San Francisco included as a second city and will there be multiplayer?
San Francisco will not be included. We're focusing on Las Vegas in this version. The city is pretty massive. Complete with traffic (cars, planes, etc.)

Multilayer is a good idea, we're looking into it.
  #40  
Old 03-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Nicoipad Nicoipad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightunlimited View Post
San Francisco will not be included. We're focusing on Las Vegas in this version. The city is pretty massive. Complete with traffic (cars, planes, etc.)

Multilayer is a good idea, we're looking into it.
Ok. I just remember in the original flight unlimited 2 thread you opened you were asking for requests for missions and mentioned some San Francisco landmarks. I also remember pictures of McDonald's and 7/11. Are those still in the game?

Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent