★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: MinoMonsters (v1.1) out now!

02-23-2012, 03:32 PM
MinoMonsters (v1.1) out now!

02-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Omg! I'm seriously loving the new update. Fantastic stuff.
02-23-2012, 05:17 PM
What is in the new update?
02-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Some of the new additions:

* New locations to explore! Unlock and explore the new Earth Island.
* Lots of new minos to discover and capture!
* Introducing perks: With a new caring system to tend to your monsters' needs, you can improve your minos with new abilities.
* Defend: You can now defend against enemy attacks if you are quick enough.
* Find more candy though the daily crates game.
* bug fixes

Screenshots:

02-25-2012, 05:02 AM
Nobody else loving all the new content? Apart from it crashing a few times I'm loving minomonsters again.
02-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Nobody else loving all the new content? Apart from it crashing a few times I'm loving minomonsters again.
Content wise (more mechanics wise) the update is a BIG step in the right direction for protecting the longevity of this title, but crashing a "few times" is generous. This is a game that, graphics aside, should be able to reside in the memory space of a Commodore 64K, yet the reason it's crashing so often is the memory footprint grows well past the point that the OS kills the app. That's just plain sloppy coding on their part for such a simple game and I can't be so forgiving. I'm particularly irked that a crash yesterday caused me to lose nearly half of all my candy I was using to try and capture a rare mino - the game bombed to the springboard due to memory consumption and I lost the candy and the mino.

Still, if they can figure out how to not just load every single asset into memory and leave it there, this is probably the most fun of any of the iOS Pokewannabes.

Game Center : "Chip H."