★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Wanderling Games proudly presents a completely new type of casual puzzle game - Rainbow Link. Beautiful artwork and entrancing sounds combine to make this one of the most soothing puzzle games on your iPhone or iPad.

To win Rainbow Link, you'll clear tiles by linking matching tiles. There's no time pressure, but plenty of challenge. You have a limited number of moves - shorter links use up moves, but longer links award them! You'll need to think ahead in order to create the longest links and win each level.

Full Game Center support with 35 achievements and 10 leader boards will challenge you for weeks to come!

Fun and challenging for kids and adults alike.

If you like fruit linking games, you'll LOVE Rainbow Link.

Rainbow Link is free with an ad shown in play mode. The ad is never shown while in Kids mode, so kids can play the entire game for free! You can also upgrade at any time to get additional tilesets and remove the ad.

Features:
- Addicting pickup-and-play game
- Great artwork and sound effects
- Game Center achievements and leader boards
- Quick tutorial teaches you how to play
- Unlimited levels and gameplay
- Kids mode is great for all kids age 4 and up
- Normal mode and hard mode
- Additional tilesets, no ads, and 2x level completion bonuses for players that upgrade!
- Undo button

Many more features coming soon!

jeffsim's comments:
Wanderling Games proudly presents a completely new type of casual puzzle game - Rainbow Link. Beautiful artwork and entrancing sounds combine to make this one of the most soothing puzzle games on your iPhone or iPad.

The game tends towards a more casual puzzle experience, great for kids and adults alike. That said, 35 Gamecenter achievements and 10 leaderboards are there for the more competitive among us .

Rainbow Link is a universal app, although only iPhone 4 and 4s are supported at this time.

Based on some great feedback from TouchArcade readers, I've released Rainbow Link as a free app with an ad (although ads are never shown in 'kids' mode). You can upgrade in-app for a dollar to get additional tilesets and remove the ad.

If you're in the mood for a casual puzzle game, please give Rainbow Link a try and let me know what you think!

Here's a short video that shows the game in action.

Youtube link | Pop Up

You can follow us on Facebook for release updates on this and other games we've got in the pipeline.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wander...30035913694615

For more information on Rainbow Link, swing by our site at www.wanderlinggames.com

Thanks for reading!
Jeff
02-24-2012, 09:24 AM
I like the game, but there appears to be a glitch on the iPad 2: where "score," "level," and "moves" numbers should be, there are only black squares. Latest iOS.

02-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Sigh, yeah I just noticed this this morning and have been trying to track it down. It only happens in the version up on the store, in which my font texture gets blacked out or fails to load for some reason. I'm guessing it has something to do with the iAd control since that's the only difference in rendering between a local and distribution build, but it's hard to say without being able to debug it (ouch)!

Thanks for the heads up though! Guess I have a different task for this morning than originally planned ;-).

Jeff
02-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsim View Post
Sigh, yeah I just noticed this this morning and have been trying to track it down. It only happens in the version up on the store, in which my font texture gets blacked out or fails to load for some reason. I'm guessing it has something to do with the iAd control since that's the only difference in rendering between a local and distribution build, but it's hard to say without being able to debug it (ouch)!

Thanks for the heads up though! Guess I have a different task for this morning than originally planned ;-).

Jeff
Are you saying that unlocking the full version (thus removing ads) should fix it?
02-24-2012, 10:07 AM
I am also playing on the iPad 2. I noticed that the music loop sometimes stops for a few seconds before restarting.

This looks like an interesting game. I will revisit it after you get an update out that fixes the blacked out text. I hope the IAP remains at the low price past that time.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
02-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Fix submitted and expedited review requested

Whew, the bug has been found and squashed, and an updated version has been submitted to the appstore for review.

@Gabrien: No no - that's what I originally thought it was, since the ad display was only repro'ing in the appstore version and I couldn't think of what else it could be. However, it turns out that in my efforts to fit under 20MB, I had removed the wrong font texture, so it fails to load it. It still worked on my local machines because the now-removed font was still present in the build directory (d'oh!) . Wracked my brain for a while trying to figure out why it worked for me but not on the live version...

@slewis7: Thanks for the feedback! I felt like the music would be a bit much if it played constantly, so I threw in a delay (~30 seconds) after the music ends. Is that what you're hearing, or is it actually cutting out?

Thanks!
Jeff
02-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Oh, and yes; the IAP price will always remain the same. Thanks again!

Cheers,
Jeff
02-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsim View Post
Whew, the bug has been found and squashed, and an updated version has been submitted to the appstore for review.

@Gabrien: No no - that's what I originally thought it was, since the ad display was only repro'ing in the appstore version and I couldn't think of what else it could be. However, it turns out that in my efforts to fit under 20MB, I had removed the wrong font texture, so it fails to load it. It still worked on my local machines because the now-removed font was still present in the build directory (d'oh!) . Wracked my brain for a while trying to figure out why it worked for me but not on the live
Cheers, I am enjoying the game and I bet it will be even better with the missing textures returned. Definitely plan on picking up the full version.
02-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Hey, thanks! I definitely appreciate the good word (and the patience ).
02-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
@slewis7: Thanks for the feedback! I felt like the music would be a bit much if it played constantly, so I threw in a delay (~30 seconds) after the music ends. Is that what you're hearing, or is it actually cutting out?

Thanks!
Jeff
Yes, the music stops for a while (not cutting out) as you intended. Thanks for the responses.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve