Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Administrator
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Vanguard Storm - from Square Enix

Quote:
VANGUARD STORM is the newest addition to the CRYSTAL DEFENDERS series of "defensive simulation" games. VANGUARD STORM Lite allows players to sample the game's first map for free, and get a hands on feel of the unique style of play awaiting in the full version.

Players must strategically position units within various formations in order to prevent encroaching monster hordes from breaking through the front lines and stealing the army's crystals.

VANGUARD STORM employs a real-time turn system. Reading the battlefield and determining optimal locations for each allied unit before the turn counter is spent is crucial for victory.

As with CRYSTAL DEFENDERS, VANGUARD STORM also features jobs from the popular FINAL FANTASY Tactics A2.

Each job possesses a variety of different traits. Whether engaging in a concentrated attack or a gradual, widespread assault, players must constantly adjust battle formations in order to best take advantage of their units' abilities.

In addition to jobs geared towards offensive maneuvers, in the full version there are also jobs which support or enhance other units. White Mages can restore an injured ally's HP, while Bishops can increase a nearby unit's attack power.

Finally, the monsters of VANGUARD STORM come in all different shapes and sizes. Some tread upon the ground, while others attack from the skies. Some even have resistances to certain types of attacks. One important strategy is to recognize these traits and then adjust battle formations accordingly; pitting melee-oriented jobs such as Soldiers against monsters who resist magick, or Archers against aerial enemies.
Full ($4.99): http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=313457759&mt=8
Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=313624655&mt=8
Old 05-12-2009, 10:50 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Looks pretty cool, and I like the graphics style. And Square Enix is a big name. Anyone wanna toftt?
Old 05-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Administrator
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gscal View Post
Looks pretty cool, and I like the graphics style. And Square Enix is a big name. Anyone wanna toftt?
there is a lite version.

arn
Old 05-12-2009, 10:54 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
there is a lite version.

arn
Oh, yeah... a lot of things slip past me.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:02 PM

When will they start making REAL games for the iDevices?
Final Fantasy? Kingdom Hearts? TWEWY? something of Mana? Dragon Quest?
Old 05-12-2009, 11:08 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

First, the board reminds me Plants vs Zombies for Mac/PC (by PopCap) but VS is a different game.

Impressions:

The replay value, as far as I can see (level 6 right now), is based only in high score.

The first 5 levels are not hard at all but they are well balanced for the average and even casual player. You'll have time to understand the game, to start create a strategy and to enjoy smashing some enemies. That's a perfect and hard to develop balance.

After the 5th level the game gets a bit harder and faster (less time to plan next move). I may say that the challenge starts here.

Considering the goal is a high score your strategy should not only to kill enemies but also to save your defenders health.

I like the game more than I thought I would.

Last edited by Carlos-Sz; 05-13-2009 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: Added impressions
Old 05-12-2009, 11:09 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Woops... I didn't see this. Didn't think there was a need for search because it was new. Sorry arn...

Video from Appbank:

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 05-12-2009, 11:14 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Just tried the lite, it's a fun strategy game. You have to strategicallyplace units to take full advantage of their attacks to defeat the incoming wave. It's sort of a hybrid tower defense game with some interesting twists.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:15 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Feels like chess to me though
Old 05-12-2009, 11:16 PM

why does iTunes say released Apr. 27, 2009 for Vanguard Storm? Is that maybe when they submitted it and it's taken two weeks for apple to put it up?