★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

GoatUp by Jeff Minter (Universal) ($1.99->99c)

02-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
GoatUp by Jeff Minter (Universal) ($1.99->99c)

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
02-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
haha...

GREAT endless climber... definitely a MUST buy if you're a fan of Minter's material. =oP

Youtube link | Pop Up

02-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
haha...

GREAT endless climber... definitely a MUST buy if you're a fan of Minter's material. =oP
Is this really endless? I suck at it so I can't say for sure but I thought the goal was to reach the highest level then make your way back down to the bottom safely. I could be wrong though because I can't make it very far.

GameCenter: DruciferBriggs (if you send a request please mention you're from TA)
02-25-2012, 02:02 AM
Normally I hate retro games, but this one looks pretty trippy so i'l give it a shot.

edit: tried and deleted after like 10 mins, not my cup of tea, but if you're into retro games, then i guess you would enjoy it.

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs

Last edited by Filing Cabinet; 02-25-2012 at 05:18 AM.
02-25-2012, 07:35 AM
I think I would be much better if I had an iCade an an iPad but I don't. Maybe someday.

GameCenter: DruciferBriggs (if you send a request please mention you're from TA)
02-25-2012, 03:52 PM
@syntheticvoid
well looking at your score at gc u actually have not really played this game, how you know it so good? i mean it's great title but just to be clear it is not endless game. there are different areas with different enemies and other features and there is also a top so you also get a bonus score if you reach it. it's really fun game with great tilt controls and probably in this genre it is the best game.

Last edited by eev; 02-25-2012 at 03:55 PM.
02-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eev View Post
@syntheticvoid
well looking at your score at gc u actually have not really played this game, how you know it so good? i mean it's great title but just to be clear it is not endless game. there are different areas with different enemies and other features and there is also a top so you also get a bonus score if you reach it. it's really fun game with great tilt controls and probably in this genre it is the best game.
Can't always go by my GC scores... I play a lot when offline (at work, in the car, ect...) and yeah... I just suck and haven't made it to the end, so it seemed endless to me... SORRY...
02-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
I think I would be much better if I had an iCade an an iPad but I don't. Maybe someday.
I'm terrible at it and I HAVE an icade (amen for clearance sales ).

It's a tough game, for sure, but it's brilliant too.
02-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
I must have drank the Minter koolaid. Picked up this game and its brilliant. I don't like doodle jump type of games, but with the Minter flair and how you can attack the enemies..fun stuff. Almost made it to the 4th level..

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
02-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
I must have drank the Minter koolaid. Picked up this game and its brilliant. I don't like doodle jump type of games, but with the Minter flair and how you can attack the enemies..fun stuff. Almost made it to the 4th level..
how many levels are there?

when i first played it I assumed that it was an endless jumper, but reading posts in this thread I realized otherwise.

[Appspy review also mentions it as an endless jumper funnily enough]

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs