★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description:
2.V1.2.1""

- ,,,,iPhone/iPad!!

-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vTXUEBY2Pc
-v1.2-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp_39ZW8ruo&feature=player_detailpage
-v1.2-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtWsHLAyn2Y&feature=player_detailpage

iPod touch 4iPhone 4iPhone 4siPad and iPad 2
,app,,FAQ,email,,:service@softstar.com.tw
FAQ:http://www.softstar.com.tw/CSCenter/FAQ_List.aspx?type_id=28

5-,PC

UDK,Retina Display,iPad2iPhone4s
,iPhoneiPad,;

,;iOS,

====V1.1====

Game Center
, Game Center
(,)

,(,)

November's Chopin's comments:

Quote:
==========================================
【The most famous and popular Chinese Paladin series is on App Store!! 】

★★★★★ The PC Version of Chinese Paladin 5 Has Sold Over 1 Million PCs. ★★★★★

☆☆☆☆☆ CGIAC Award - Top 10 Most Popular Chinese PC Games ☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆ Digital Taipei 2011 Award - Taiwan Best Digital Content Product ☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆ Gamebases Annual Award - PC Game Champion ☆☆☆☆☆

◆ Intense Fighting
Well-designed real-time action system, simple and intuitive touch commands, controlled up to 4 different characters at the same time!

◆ Make Your Own Powerful Team
Beat your enemies by customizing your characters skills, weapons, equipment and tools. Try every possible combination and find your best!

◆ A Never Boring Adventure
Experienced various and exciting tasks, killed every monster, got a great amount of reward so you can keep strengthening and challenging the bosses!

◆ Environment
Used UDK engine, designed for retina display, and specifically optimized for iPad2 and iPhone4S.

◆ Both traditional and simplified Chinese versions are available.

※Compatible with iPod touch 4,iPhone 4,iPhone 4s,iPad and iPad 2.
This RPG is the best Chinese RPG ever made and I'm pretty sure any Chinese here who's even heard of this series will agree with me. You can pretty much compare it to Final Fantasy for Japan. Although the first one in the series was the best, 2-5 are also classics.

Keep in mind this game is available in Chinese only.

Also note that this is NOT the complete PC version. It is a slightly modified version with simplified storyline and more combat.

For us Chinese, this is your chance to play one of the world's best RPGs again on your iDevice.
02-25-2012, 02:47 AM
According to the user comments in the Taiwan appstore, this game apparently plays like Battleheart and is not the full rpg experience one would expect.

02-25-2012, 02:52 AM
The reviewers say it's more of a storybook than a RPG, pity.
02-25-2012, 03:41 AM
For your convenience:
Skip to 0:22 for combat.

Youtube link | Pop Up
02-25-2012, 04:13 AM
Looks interesting. Could our Chinese Members tell us more about the Story Part?
02-25-2012, 04:33 AM
02-25-2012, 05:15 AM
Im actually very interested in this but...

Chinese language only... Zzzz...
02-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Yes unfortunately it is really simplified and looks like battle-only. The entire game would be impossible to put into iDevice (it is many GBs). It does follow the storyline. You can think of this as a iPhone version of Resident Evil 4, basically only segments of the game. But even as a simplified game, it is really good. You can just watch Sanuku's trailer, the graphics and animation are much better than Battleheart, and for anyone who can read Chinese, its story is unmatched by any RPG maybe except Final Fantasy, unlike Battleheart which has no story and is battle-only.
Not many will be interested in this game since it is Chinese only, but I wanted to spread the word to anyone who understand the language here. Yes I'm an obsessed fanboy of this series and proud of it.

The underhyped: JuBeat, Drawn: The Painted Tower, Beatrider, Phoenix Wright, Broken Sword, Cut the Rope, Paladog, Isotope, Crystal War, Scarlett

GameCenter: Chocopuff1
02-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by November's Chopin View Post
Yes unfortunately it is really simplified and looks like battle-only. The entire game would be impossible to put into iDevice (it is many GBs). It does follow the storyline. You can think of this as a iPhone version of Resident Evil 4, basically only segments of the game. But even as a simplified game, it is really good. You can just watch Sanuku's trailer, the graphics and animation are much better than Battleheart, and for anyone who can read Chinese, its story is unmatched by any RPG maybe except Final Fantasy, unlike Battleheart which has no story and is battle-only.
Not many will be interested in this game since it is Chinese only, but I wanted to spread the word to anyone who understand the language here. Yes I'm an obsessed fanboy of this series and proud of it.
Did you get a chance to play it? If so, how accessible do you think it is to a non-Chinese speaker? Obviously I wouldn't get much of the story, but the gameplay looks compelling enough to give it a try anyway, but I'm wondering how far I'd be able to get with it.
02-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Did you get a chance to play it? If so, how accessible do you think it is to a non-Chinese speaker? Obviously I wouldn't get much of the story, but the gameplay looks compelling enough to give it a try anyway, but I'm wondering how far I'd be able to get with it.
Downloading now, I'll post my opinions about the game and how accessible is it to non-Chinese speakers later.

Seems like a Battleheart inspired game, the PC version of Chinese Paladin 5 is actually pretty good. It's like the Final Fantasy of China.

Last edited by justln; 02-25-2012 at 11:36 AM.