★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Super Marble Roll

05-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Super Marble Roll

We are delighted to announce the forthcoming release of our debut title, Super Marble Roll, available on the iPhone App Store very soon.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Using the remarkably natural tilt based controls, guide your super marble through a variety of cunningly designed courses. Negotiate platforms, collect jewels and avoid deadly drops whilst battling the clock in an exciting test of skill.

05-13-2009, 02:10 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
This game is a little generic looking, but it's graphics are gorgeous. If this controls nicely, I'm certain I'll get it.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.

05-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Nice. Sort of a Marble Madness/Spindizzy type of deal. Nice visuals, too. Could be worth checking out.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
05-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Wow. The control looks really fine - I hope it is. My main problem with previous versions was exactly that. Marble Madness should be perfect for iPhone but it looks like it's been too difficult so far.
05-13-2009, 02:31 PM
how is it different from the other similar games on appstore?
05-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the positive feedback.

We are very confident that you won't be disappointed with the controls as getting these to feel just right was one of the driving factors in developing this game. Being big fans of classics like Marble Madness and Spin Dizzy and noting that this genre was a perfect match for the capabilities of the iPhone, we really wanted to do these games justice. I hope you like the results.

A couple of specific things to note about our control scheme:
1. There are no calibration routines, tutorials, or "neutral" points decided by the developer. You don't have to learn how to hold the iPhone in the correct position, the game simply auto-calibrates at the start of each play sequence.
2. There is a small hidden mechanic (beyond tilt-to-roll), for advanced players to find and take advantage of.

The game is currently in review with Apple and we have a projected release window around the 25th May.

If you have any more questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to post them up here, or drop me a line directly.

All the best!
05-14-2009, 01:02 PM
This looks very nice. Any pricing details? And I love how your homepage looks like Apple's site!

Plus+/OpenFeint Username: gscal
05-14-2009, 01:19 PM
I LOVED Marble Madness and look forward to this.
You had me at "auto calibration!"
05-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Reminds a lot of Marble Blast, which is a great thing

Alexander Bussman,
developer of Brickie (v2.0+ scoreloop enabled)
05-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Please let there be a dead zone (as opposed to a single point) that equates to 'level' as it will otherwise be extremely difficult to maneuver the ball around.