★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Towers N Trolls $2.99 - $0.99/HD $4.99 - $0.99

02-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Towers N Trolls $2.99 - $0.99/HD $4.99 - $0.99

Looks like Towers N Trolls is our resident 'drop the price within 3 days of release' game this week...

Youtube link | Pop Up
02-26-2012, 01:46 AM
Lolololol. I predicted this.

02-26-2012, 02:01 AM
Well someone has to be the resident "drop the price within 3 days of release" game. No one else was doing it so we figured we'd step up and represent - take one for the team, that kind of thing.
02-26-2012, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeyex View Post
Well someone has to be the resident "drop the price within 3 days of release" game. No one else was doing it so we figured we'd step up and represent - take one for the team, that kind of thing.
Yeah, it's real funny what devs like you are doing to the app store. Way to go.
02-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Yeah, it's real funny what devs like you are doing to the app store. Way to go.
Not sure what's so funny about it, really. In all seriousness, we're just trying to find the right price point for our game. It's our first one on iOS, so we're trying to figure this out. We want to recoup our costs so that we can keep making more, which unfortunately on iOS means you MUST be on some front page or close to the front page of some screen of the App Store - so yeah, we have to maximize our exposure as "New and Notable." We consider ourself good devs, but not necessarily the best marketing types, and we're learning as we go... anyway, apparently some of you had a better sense than we did (seeing all the accurate "predictions" at least)... perhaps we should have consulted first?

Sales seem to touch a nerve for some people, but from our perspective, it's just a necessity of doing business. I'll admit that it's easy for devs to overvalue their game relative to the general public, as it's our blood sweat and tears (not to mention our money) that goes into the games. On the other hand, it might be easy for the consumer to forget that, in the case of an un-funded game like ours, prior to release, we haven't received a dime for it... so it seems natural that one would do what they can to make it sell.

Anyway that's my spiel... carry on!
04-05-2012, 01:34 AM
I am a big TD fan and has been waiting for a 99c sales for the HD version and here it is!

However, I will play it mostly on my iphone and by looking at the file size, the HD version is 239Mb while the non HD version is only 24Mb. Obviously, the new iPad retina display contributes to the cause and I can see I no longer want Universal version with this given trend.
04-13-2012, 04:01 PM
On sale again. Bought the HD version and played it on iPad 3 for an hour or so. It's not a bad TD game. Additional challenge: Some creeps are hurting your towers. So you have enough to do during battles/waves. Building towers, ugrading towers, repairing towers (all this can be done when the game is on pause), collecting precious stones, using the special weapons…

The music is not so my taste but you can switch it off separately and listen to the effect sounds.

And it's pretty forgiving. When you lose a live, you'll get it back soon as a bonus item. Nice retina graphics. It's worth alone the sparkling diamond stars in the menu when you solve a level on "brutal"…

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
04-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
On sale again. Bought the HD version and played it on iPad 3 for an hour or so. It's not a bad TD game. Additional challenge: Some creeps are hurting your towers. So you have enough to do during battles/waves. Building towers, ugrading towers, repairing towers (all this can be done when the game is on pause), collecting precious stones, using the special weapons…

The music is not so my taste but you can switch it off separately and listen to the effect sounds.

And it's pretty forgiving. When you lose a live, you'll get it back soon as a bonus item. Nice retina graphics. It's worth alone the sparkling diamond stars in the menu when you solve a level on "brutal"…
Similar thoughts here.

I don't think it will ever become one of my favorite TD games, but it is quite fun and well worth the 99 cents imo.