★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A mob of nasty aliens have invaded the interplanetary space station.

Use Captain Rad's mighty laser gun to get rid of the critters that lurk in every corner, fend off their deadly drones, and take back the space station!

Alexandre Fredenucci's comments:
I like this game ^^

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/captain-rad-vs-alien/id504454300?mt=8

Some screenshots :

02-26-2012, 08:35 AM

02-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Hmmm... Couldn't really get into it because when you're moving the jump button becomes unresponsive...

But thanks for the freebie... =o/
02-26-2012, 09:08 AM
I'll give it a try
02-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Hmmm... Couldn't really get into it because when you're moving the jump button becomes unresponsive...

But thanks for the freebie... =o/
It's weird i don't have this bug when i play, you have still this bug when you restart the game ?

Last edited by Alexandre Fredenucci; 02-26-2012 at 09:15 AM.
02-26-2012, 12:51 PM
LOL!

Yes the buttons become unresponsive especially when moving and beyond that a platform raised me up into a platform and my character got stuck (in mid-air). I could turn (by my body didn't move) so then I was shooting out of my back.

Tim Eggers
@Tim_Eggers
03-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Hi,

I've been made aware of this thread.
Sorry about the bugs and control problems, i've taken some time to fix most of it.
So with the new version the direction controls are smoother, and you probably won't get your head stuck in a platform anymore

Don't hesitate to post if you have any comment.

Thanks!

(also i'm actually planning to make another update in a few days. so the game will run just as smoothly on older devices.
When testing on a 3GS, the game is playable, but a bit slow, i've just found the cause and will fix it too. )
03-11-2012, 05:16 PM
As for any game, I recommend putting a user-created level sharing feature.

This would work like this;

- First, Create the platforms. Form the level, and plan where to place other things.
- Then, Place things such as enemies and Bosses, powerups and other items, etc. (I haven't played the game yet, so I'm not sure what is actually in the game)

The art looks very well-done, thanks for the freebie.
03-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Downloading now. Will post impressions later.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-11-2012, 05:53 PM
The graphics are pretty decent. However the game is a little lacking in terms of gameplay. Didnt remember if there was background music.

I guess it is ok being free and all, but it lacks the polish that the leading platform titles carry.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword