★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best/Fave TOWER DEFENSE??

02-27-2012, 09:36 AM
Best/Fave TOWER DEFENSE??

Hello! I'm hoping people can please supply a list or a few recommended Tower Defense games. I have played TnT, Gem keeper, jelly defense, kingdom rush, treasure defense, monster trouble, and a few other ones, but would love to hear people's favorites please?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by cabdog; 02-27-2012 at 09:39 AM.
02-27-2012, 09:48 AM
Plants vs Zombies
Spice Bandits
Tiny Heroes
Sentinel 3
Anomaly Warzone Earth (really its tower offense but totally awesome)

Last edited by Neehan; 02-27-2012 at 09:59 AM.

02-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Plants vs Zombies
Geo Defense [A bit harder than your regular TDs]
Sentinel Series

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs
02-27-2012, 01:25 PM
All of the Above + Fieldrunners

and if you count Risk-like games then Conquist 2!!!

GCID: Allanon!
Fav's: Clash of Clans, DragonVale, Bastion, Score!, The Walking Dead, Puzzle RPGs
Beta Tested: Flashout 3D
Attention Dev's: Game Center Achievements are very necessary!
02-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Are you more of a fixed path or free-range style of TD fan? Is this for your iPad 2 that you have listed?

I have a preference for fixed path on my iPad, and my current recommendations would include:
  • Tiny Heroes (I love the graphics and "charm" of this one, just waiting impatiently for the promised iPad version, which will have all new levels as well as iPad specific design so no fear of duplicating the purchase by not waiting, if going 2x now doesn't bother you)
  • Elf Defense Eng (Universal app, they have a free lite version you can check out, their upcoming Lich Defense release for English language looks promising, too)
  • Fantasy Defense (Universal app, also a free version to check out)
  • Sentinel 3: Homeworld (Universal app)
  • Three Kingdoms TD - Legend of Shu HD (these guys have several TD games that are variations of one another, this one seems to be my preferred iPad one)
  • Tower Defense: Lost Earth HD (if you can get past these guys making a grab for the name of "Tower Defense", it's a really good TD game and there is a lite version to try out)
  • The Creeps! HD (this is a classic, looks like it's currently free, so can evaluate and see how you feel about the graphic style)

Last edited by Mycroft; 02-27-2012 at 01:50 PM.
02-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks everyone! I just DL'd quite a few!
02-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Plants vs Zombies is the only horizontal tower defense you'll never need, no other game of this genre even comes close.
As for grid-style path-laying tower defense these are ones I like:
- Elf Defense: super cute, great music, bit too simple
- Geodefense/Geodefense 2: stylish retro geometric graphics, extremely hard
- Creeps: one of the first TD to have destructible environment

The underhyped: JuBeat, Drawn: The Painted Tower, Beatrider, Phoenix Wright, Broken Sword, Cut the Rope, Paladog, Isotope, Crystal War, Scarlett

GameCenter: Chocopuff1
02-27-2012, 06:32 PM
I've been really enjoying Spice Bandits. It's free-range, has heavy RPG elements, has fun online play and has the most replay value of any TD I've found.

Add me on GameCenter (and every other network!) my user ID is kushykush on all of them!
02-27-2012, 08:41 PM
My favorite TD's
  • Elf Defense Eng
  • Kingdom Rush
  • Defender Chronicles
  • Tower Defense: Lost Earth

note: I am playing the first three on Ipad2
02-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by November's Chopin View Post
Plants vs Zombies is the only horizontal tower defense you'll never need, no other game of this genre even comes close.
As for grid-style path-laying tower defense these are ones I like:
- Elf Defense: super cute, great music, bit too simple
- Geodefense/Geodefense 2: stylish retro geometric graphics, extremely hard
- Creeps: one of the first TD to have destructible environment
I dunno, I like PvZ but people around here freaking love it. I mean its well made, has a ton of polish, and is lots of fun. But its way too easy. I think Samurai Bloodshow comes close as far as horizontal TD goes. It has card collecting, its difficult, and it has online multiplayer. Three things that PvZ doesn't have. I really don't want to get into a big argument about PvZ, but imo its too easy.