★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

anyone else regard zenonia 3 and 4 as a better game than FF3

02-27-2012, 12:34 PM
anyone else regard zenonia 3 and 4 as a better game than FF3

well,the Final Fantasy series is very famous as we all know, I dislike turn based rpg game and never touch FF before.
But I like dungeon crawler a lot, is it some kind of turn based RPG?
For zenonia is a game originated on mobile phone, which is suggested has no fame at all compared to FF.
I don't know any other games of FF series would be like, but i get to say zenonia 3 and 4 is much better than FF3 at my opinion, maybe the FFIII which was remaked at 2006 is just the way too old.
As a rpg game,FFIII did a pretty bad job at the story aspect. No matter the way how it states the story and the story itself, both worse than zenonia 3 & 4.
For the gameplay, it's too much grinding. Maybe the game itself not require that much grinding, but the gameplay is pretty slow, within the same time, I can kill several fold of monsters in zenonia, whcih makes me feel the FFIII is too repetitive, even the conversation between characters is too slow and can never be skipped. Dungeon Crawler did good job at the speed of gameplay.
02-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klarence View Post
I dislike turn based rpg game and never touch FF before.
So it comes as no surprise that
Quote:
i get to say zenonia 3 and 4 is much better than FF3 at my opinion
Personally I can't get into the Zenonia games and think FFIII is much better, in fact I would say FFI and FFII are also way better, but to each their own

02-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Zenonia = KRPG
Final Fantasy = JRPG
Very different...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Personally I can't get into the Zenonia games and think FFIII is much better, in fact I would say FFI and FFII are also way better, but to each their own
+1
02-27-2012, 03:35 PM
You are probably a very young guy. I would guess you're 16 years old or younger.

You grew up in an age where no great turn-based rpgs were released in the past few years. You don't know how a great rpg is like. You have no base for comparison.

I'm not saying this to be rude or to call you a noob, it's only a matter of fact.

For this lack of experience, you may believe Zenonias are good games. They are not. I agree with you that FF3 is not very good and there's too much grinding. They are both bad games.

If, someday, you play FF4, FF5 or FF6 on your iPhone (let's hope) you will see what a great game looks like.

Last edited by bighi; 02-27-2012 at 03:39 PM.
02-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Comparing zenonia to FF? Lol. Zenonia has a better story than FF? That's too funny.
Probably one of those kids that thinks anything without action every second is boring and crappy game.

The underhyped: JuBeat, Drawn: The Painted Tower, Beatrider, Phoenix Wright, Broken Sword, Cut the Rope, Paladog, Isotope, Crystal War, Scarlett

GameCenter: Chocopuff1
03-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by November's Chopin View Post
Comparing zenonia to FF? Lol. Zenonia has a better story than FF? That's too funny.
Probably one of those kids that thinks anything without action every second is boring and crappy game.
as I said, I like dungeon crawler, so without action is ok.
03-02-2012, 02:27 AM
Kids these days...
03-02-2012, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown4prez View Post
Kids these days...
^^^^
03-02-2012, 09:11 AM
If u want a good story from a final fantasy game play 4-10 except 8 or whatever I jus don't like it... And Zenonia is meh
03-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ronfar View Post
If u want a good story from a final fantasy game play 4-10 except 8 or whatever I jus don't like it... And Zenonia is meh
ok,now I wish I have a chance to try one of 4-10.