★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Extraction: Project Outbreak --> FREE

02-28-2012, 07:13 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Extraction: Project Outbreak --> FREE

02-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Bought this when it first came out, and it's absolutely amazing...until you hit the IAP wall. I shouldn't hit an IAP wall in a game I paid for. So much potential. I would rather have simply paid a flat $5 or so and got a fair deal. For free, folks should try it, though. Great controls and gameplay concept.

02-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Fun game but very repetitive. I was able to beat the game without IAP. Some of the later missions get harder, but at least for me I never needed the IAP. Definitely try the game out for a few levels.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
02-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Great game. I beat the game without hitting any sort of pay wall.
02-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Bought this when it first came out, and it's absolutely amazing...until you hit the IAP wall. I shouldn't hit an IAP wall in a game I paid for. So much potential. I would rather have simply paid a flat $5 or so and got a fair deal. For free, folks should try it, though. Great controls and gameplay concept.
I've seen you mention this paywall quite a bit when refering to this game but I have never hit it either and beat the game not long after it came out.

Great game and definitely should be picked up for free!

Favorite developers: Grumpyface, Michael Brough, Rocketcat, Donut Games, Nitrome, Orange Pixel, Radiangames, Llamasoft (come back!)
02-28-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
There's no IAP wall, just a minor skill wall, which you failed to climb. I had the entire game finished, character maxed, and more than 90% of the achievements less than 24 hours after I started it and never paid for any IAP at all. IAP in this game would be flushing your money down a toilet it's so easy if you have any skill.

Game Center : "Chip H."
02-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Learn to target which enemies to your advantage, time your swipes for skill shots, concentrate your upgrades on one weapon at a time.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
02-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
There's no IAP wall, just a minor skill wall, which you failed to climb. I had the entire game finished, character maxed, and more than 90% of the achievements less than 24 hours after I started it and never paid for any IAP at all. IAP in this game would be flushing your money down a toilet it's so easy if you have any skill.
Yeah, guess I'll just go back to playing Dark Souls, then, as I obviously don't have the necessary skills for this type of game.

Pile on much?
02-28-2012, 01:57 PM
This game is fantastic! No idea what IAP wall there is but I never hit it, it's kind of a short game and semi repetitive but I still hope for updates of the same things just more content
02-28-2012, 02:23 PM
This is much better then I expected. It looks and plays great on my iPad 2. I have played a handful of missions and it starts really easy, but I am sure it will ramp up soon.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve