★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Operation: Eradicate - SKEJO STUDIOS

02-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Operation: Eradicate - SKEJO STUDIOS

Just found an awesome turn-based strategy game on appshopper and though i'd make a thread for it seeing as it doesn't look as if there is one already. Link to iTunes page below.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/operation-eradicate/id474002043?affId=1860684&mt=8&u1=web

http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/aeeb2bbe61a40f08.png

BETAs: Save the Monster The Sandbox
02-28-2012, 12:36 PM

02-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Ah thanks Sanuku, i don't know how to get it to display like that

02-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Hi, Greg from Skejo Studio here. We are glad you like the game. For those who are on iPhones or iPods, we are submitting an update now that adds a zoom/scroll feature to the map. That should help on the smaller devices.

Get it now while still on sale. Will just to $2.99 next week, and $3.99 after that.
02-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Bought! seems to be some sort of Risk with zombies?

GC - Eldyth
02-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Game Impressions

I'm still just learning the basics myself but should at least address the elephant in the room.

This game is pretty much the popular board game Pandemic with the viruses replaced by zombies.

While not normally one to whole heartedly endorse something that seems like such a sleazy move, Greg's story, as he had discussed back on the BGG forums, makes this fairly justified.

I'm sure Greg could explain this better, but from what I understand he was commissioned to make the official iOS Pandemic game and, after some sort of change of management/ownership of the actual board game licensee, this then completed iOS project was aborted.

Was he supposed to just suck it up and move on? So after a lot of soul searching I gather he went through the game changing the art assets, theme, and name so the result is only a game STRONGLY INSPIRED by Pandemic now.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
02-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Game Impressions

Having never played Pandemic and just relying on this game's tutorial, I'm a little confused to be honest.

To stabilize a region, if I understand it right, I simply need to take one of my characters with 5 (or 4) resources that match that region's color to a city within that region with an airfield and perform the Stabilize action, right? Does this stabilize that whole region now or only the city it was done in? Is there any clear indication on the map of which areas I had successfully stabilized so far?

My iTunes Reviews
02-28-2012, 04:43 PM
We need a quick simple guide on how to build an airfield and what stabilizing places does.

You also need to make the accept and decline buttons bigger.

02-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trundley View Post
We need a quick simple guide on how to build an airfield and what stabilizing places does.

You also need to make the accept and decline buttons bigger.
Did you read the manual? I think you need to have a resource on your guy matching the city you are in.

So, if I get it right these resource thingies are pretty handy. You can use one to goto the named city on them, if in that named city when you have one you can use it to make an airfield, and if you have 5 same colored resources while standing in a city in that same colored region with an airfield, you can stabilize the area (which according to the manual means no more new breakouts in that region besides stopping the current infestations from growing any further).

I could be way off on any of these points, but I think that is how it is working. The manual also explains some of the other special action cards.

My iTunes Reviews
02-28-2012, 05:28 PM
To resolve some confusion.

To Trade resources: Both players must be in the same city as the resource to be traded.

To Stabilize a Region: You need 5 of the same type of resources, and go to ANY city with an airfield. You don't need an airfield in that region. Any airfield will do.

What a Stabilized Region doe?? Nothing on it own, except get you closer to victory.

You need to kill all remaining hordes in a region (Eradicate a region), for them to stop coming back again.

Yes, we are making a few of the buttons bigger for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Our play testers must have gotten too used to them to notice the diminished size. Our apologies.

-Greg, Skejo Studios

PS @LordGek, the story of the cancelled Pandemic was a different developer. But we too did try to work with the Pandemic people, but we brushed off, and there is still no news six months later of an official release of Pandemic. Operation: Eradicate was inspired by Pandemic, but has been changed in numerous ways, and built with commissioned hand-drawn artwork, new UI interfaces and other planned unique expansion modules.