Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-28-2012, 01:03 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Looking forward to trying out the new version tonight. Congrats on the outstanding statistics!

http://blog.zombiesrungame.com/post/...nch-players-of
Quote:
It’s official - since our launch, players of Zombies, Run! have spent over 20 years in total running away from zombies! At an average walking pace, that’s half a million miles: the distance to the Moon and back.

It’s quite a way to go to help the good folk of Abel Township, but we know the Runner 5s out there will always get the job done…
Old 04-08-2012, 10:34 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Looking at purchasing this (luckily the price dropped just a couple days ago) but this isnt something I can use on the treadmill? If it is ONLY for running outside then they arent getting my money unfortunately =/

Also wondering about replayability ie.. once the plot is overwith, is there any reason to keep using the app? Is it a good motivator for keeping you running?
Old 04-08-2012, 10:36 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
Looking at purchasing this (luckily the price dropped just a couple days ago) but this isnt something I can use on the treadmill? If it is ONLY for running outside then they arent getting my money unfortunately =/

Also wondering about replayability ie.. once the plot is overwith, is there any reason to keep using the app? Is it a good motivator for keeping you running?
WALK, JOG, OR RUN ANYWHERE
Zombies, Run! works anywhere and at any speed. You can jog in a park, run along a beach, or walk along a trail. It even works on treadmills!
Old 04-08-2012, 10:43 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
By the sound of the app it needs gps so it probably won't work on any version of iPod touch. Sucks as it sounds pretty cool but as an iPod owner I won't be getting it either.
I'll stick with my (android) mobile for tracking bike rides and runs as atleast my phone has gps.
It does work with an iPod Touch, but it feels a bit... pointless? You automatically pick some stuff up at random over time, and you can't not get the mission-critical stuff as far as I could tell. Minus something tracking how far you've gone, you're basically getting a very cut-down version of Rebuild with a reasonable, if not brilliant audiobook IMO. I only played through a couple of missions, though, on a 3 mile walk or thereabouts. I liked it, but yeah, I don't think it should be available to any device without GPS. I might buy it again if an Android version comes out - I love the concept still. But I highly doubt I'll be paying premium price a second time.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:56 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by justln View Post
WALK, JOG, OR RUN ANYWHERE
Zombies, Run! works anywhere and at any speed. You can jog in a park, run along a beach, or walk along a trail. It even works on treadmills!
Ha funny. I read through the thread, apparently I missed the actual app description. Thanks

I still would like my other questions answered though re: how well does it motivate? Replayability?
Old 04-08-2012, 11:04 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

It's similar to the World War Z audio books, the voice acting is very well done and the story does make me want to go running just to listen and find out more.

Each mission is around 25 mins of audio. You get around 3-4 minutes of podcast followed by a song from your songlist. Multiple that by 22 missions and you can get a lot of mileage out of it. I think you'll get burned out before finishing 1/2 of the missions.

The only difference they said between using GPS for outdoor runs and a treadmill is the zombie chases. If that doesn't bother you then $3.99 is definitely a steal for it.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:20 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by justln View Post
It's similar to the World War Z audio books, the voice acting is very well done and the story does make me want to go running just to listen and find out more.

Each mission is around 25 mins of audio. You get around 3-4 minutes of podcast followed by a song from your songlist. Multiple that by 22 missions and you can get a lot of mileage out of it. I think you'll get burned out before finishing 1/2 of the missions.

The only difference they said between using GPS for outdoor runs and a treadmill is the zombie chases. If that doesn't bother you then $3.99 is definitely a steal for it.
Thanks for the help. Think I will probably buy it.

*edit*
Went to buy it, sale had ended. Sorry devs I just can't justify full price. Maybe you'll get my money next time.

Last edited by Xexist; 04-09-2012 at 02:04 AM..
Old 04-24-2012, 04:11 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
What's New in Version 1.2
- 7 new "supply" missions
- Zombie chases for iPod Touch and accelerometer users! (experimental feature)
- Share your run on Facebook
- Better audio performance
Good news for those people who bought Zombies, Run! with an iPod touch.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:31 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

http://www.scribd.com/doc/87835687/Z...Runner-s-Guide

iBooks link
http://jacob.sixtostart.com/zr/runnersguide.ibooks

Free ebook/pdf for zombie fans, you don't need the app to download or enjoy it.
Just thought someone would like it.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:07 PM

How do you assign objects to different parts of the base? When I click on supplies, I can click around the base and see building stats, but I can't figure out what to do... There is a list of supplies at the bottom of the screen but clicking on them does nothing.

Edit - I'm stupid, you drag the supplies onto the buildings.

Last edited by ZildjianKX; 06-10-2012 at 01:12 PM..