Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-06-2012, 08:43 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaem View Post
Why are the problems so time sensitive? The controls aren't good enough to allow so little room for error.

Solving problems =
Attempting same problem 10+ times due to control glitch =
Agreed... I just got to brightsky system, and the section where you need to light up •••Spoiler:  all 3 orbs with the orb you can carry is kickin my butt because of the jumping controls. I can't get Inco to jump when he gets to the top platform in the middle of the section... It always takes me 3-4 swipes to get him to jump he gets to the platform... It's frustraiting... And not in the fun way.

I had to quit and take a break before I got upset and started cussin it. =oP
Old 03-06-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Agreed... I just got to brightsky system, and the section where you need to light up •••Spoiler:  all 3 orbs with the orb you can carry is kickin my butt because of the jumping controls. I can't get Inco to jump when he gets to the top platform in the middle of the section... It always takes me 3-4 swipes to get him to jump he gets to the platform... It's frustraiting... And not in the fun way.

Man, I pulled that off on the second try. You do not have to light up all of them in one go .
Old 03-07-2012, 12:38 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Haven't got that far. Stuck on Fate, Sunshine system.
Oh well, back to chucking stuff at these targets.

%##€ĄŁ%#! I've got to be doing this wrong. There's no way I'm meant to throw 2 orbs within a nanosecond of each other. After 10ish tries I've managed to hit both targets, but the cool down is way too fast for me.

Wouldn't mind the challenge if it wasn't such a bastard of a task to keep replacing my green orb.

Update: Solved it. I was doing it totally wrong.

Last edited by Altaem; 03-07-2012 at 12:58 AM..
Old 03-07-2012, 01:47 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post

Ha, I thought I was going to be stuck on that bit forever. It seemed impossible, but I eventually noticed that there's another object that I completely overlooked. It's actually quite simple once you know how, and doesn't involve ridiculous timing at all.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:48 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Ok made it to kindword. Now time to take a nice long break, the fun to aggravation ratio is way off.

I'll have to rethink my 5 star rating.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:29 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Ha, thanks... I feel like an idiot now...
Old 03-07-2012, 05:32 AM

okay - if you're feeling this way, you might not be controlling the game the optimal way for you. There is never, ever a reason you should jump when you don't want to. My guess would be that you're playing with 2-hands in the corners. Sometimes that's not the best way to contol the game. For example, did you know that pressing closer to Inco makes him move incredibly slowly and accurately?

If the standard controls don't do it for you, use the virtual stick instead. If that's not working for you, try the opposite. There are loads of options an no time limit. You'll find one that works for you.

If you need to move and throw, quickly, I'd suggest either standard controls (1-handed) or the onscreen joypad (1 hand on pad, the other to jump and throw).

Hope you find your perfect scheme!

[Edit: just so you know, I'm not denying there are some tough bits, of course. The 'shooting gallery' and a certain Power Pod socket come to mind, as is the first spinning gravity beam. I'm just saying that if the issue is 'wrong control at wrong time' then there are always alternative ways to play that pretty much kill that issue]

P.S. why can't i sleep now i'm in sf? I am so tiiiired.

Last edited by Dene; 03-07-2012 at 05:51 AM..
Old 03-07-2012, 07:41 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Dene - Is peter Molyneux's decision anything to do with the success of your game?!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:17 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I came so close to rage quitting on the rotating grav beam. Just couldn't get it to pick me up. Eventually got on after switching from single touch controls to virtual touchpad.

Then there was that damn sun piece. Had it been a star chart I would have left it after the 3rd miss and moved on. But I was forced to keep trying in order to progress. My wife could hear each near miss from several rooms away. I was feeling slightly dizzy by the time I finally collected the piece.

Reflecting on my rating, I can't justify anything less than a 5. While this game may be equal parts infuriating and fun, it's of exceptional high quality especially for a lone developer.

Sorely tempted to go back and do another level. But I should be going to sleep soon. Wonder how far I can get before it gets frustrating again? I'm guessing maybe half a world.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:15 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Glad I pushed on, the next section was really fun.
Shame it included a boss fight. The controls for the sun beam block the screen making those fights super annoying.