Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-15-2012, 11:06 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

WOOHOO!!! Congrats on the great TA review!!! 4.5/5 stars! =oD

Quote:
Incoboto is elegant and subdued, unafraid to juxtapose the vastness of the cosmos and the terror of inevitable burning out with the intimacy and charm of a small boy befriending a star. It's tightly and efficiently designed and as much an experience as it is a game, one that I do hope you check out.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:38 AM

Wow. That's a lovely review! Makes me really glad I undeleted the project last September!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:46 PM

FYI: the last update (I think it was last Thursday or Friday) fixed the 'game-flow-blocker' bugs like the "ForceField Issue", the "Wonky Platform Debacle" and the terrifying "Went back to WarmSun When Dene Didn't Expect It Terror".

I think I forgot to tell you all that when the update went live!
Old 03-16-2012, 01:11 AM

First I wanted to thank Dene for an awesome game - this would be up there with my favourite iPad games. There have been a few times when I've felt stuck but have always found the solution sooner or later. However right now I'm feeling very uncoordinated as I just can't seem to figure out how to use the grappling hook. I can obviously swing up to one grappling point, but then can't figure out how I'm supposed to use it to swing to another point or object - every time I try I either fall down to the ground or back to my original grappling point. Any help appreciated.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:30 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagaz View Post
First I wanted to thank Dene for an awesome game - this would be up there with my favourite iPad games. There have been a few times when I've felt stuck but have always found the solution sooner or later. However right now I'm feeling very uncoordinated as I just can't seem to figure out how to use the grappling hook. I can obviously swing up to one grappling point, but then can't figure out how I'm supposed to use it to swing to another point or object - every time I try I either fall down to the ground or back to my original grappling point. Any help appreciated.
Move left/right to swing, then release and tap to let go. I find it more reliable to double tap, then just tap, I think because when I try to just tap I don't always actually first move my finger off the screen as I'm in a panic to get the tap in. LOL. So you just swing left/right, then release to fly off of it.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:40 AM

I asked this out in the review thread, but I'm very curious and understand the potential challenge for a one-person team. Is there a chance we'll see a retina update for Incoboto?

It looks like it would be gorgeous, and would give it some decent press from all the retina lists that are popping up everywhere.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmster View Post
I asked this out in the review thread, but I'm very curious and understand the potential challenge for a one-person team. Is there a chance we'll see a retina update for Incoboto?

It looks like it would be gorgeous, and would give it some decent press from all the retina lists that are popping up everywhere.
Yup. It'll happen. But I'm not rushing anything right now, regardless of the wisdom of the commercial timing (and you're right - it would be a good idea from that standpoint), 'cos I really need a mental rest after the near-breakdown-inducing stress of making Inco and Helios come to life.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene View Post
Yup. It'll happen. But I'm not rushing anything right now, regardless of the wisdom of the commercial timing (and you're right - it would be a good idea from that standpoint), 'cos I really need a mental rest after the near-breakdown-inducing stress of making Inco and Helios come to life.
Great! I'll be looking forward to it!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:57 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Default Pity last star

Can someone help... How do I get this last star, been trying for qute some time.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:25 PM

Default Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxboonexx View Post
Can someone help... How do I get this last star, been trying for qute some time.

I am stuck for days in merry meet as well! Help? Hint?