Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-01-2012, 12:19 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Personally, my favorite game EVER is Metroid II... So I was drawn to it mostly because of the exploration... But also because of the atmosphere. =o)
Old 08-01-2012, 04:23 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene View Post
Hey, no problem folks. Thanks for the support - as ever. I hate every one of you who posted a bug, by the way. :-) Hate. And love. But mostly hate.
That's okay, I love, love, love your game despite the bugs (and control issues), and rated it highly on iTunes with a nice review too. Kill the hate with looooooovvvvvve.

Quote:
I'll be doing some more bug-fixes over the next week or so (will it never frickin' end?!)
If it would help to have my save game, let me know and I'll use iExplorer to go find and pull it (I'm not jailbroken). I'm on TestFlight, if that helps at all too.

Quote:
In the meantime, I have a question to ask (and not in a poll!).
When you first heard about Incoboto, were you most interested in it because of:

a) The graphics
b) My background (Fable)
c) The promise of exploration
d) The promise of puzzles
e) Experiences with Flaboo!
f) My fine selection of English cheeses.
g) The weird name.
I was most interested in Incoboto because of the story! That's what caught my eye and then the graphics made me want to buy it for sure. I wasn't sure if I was getting a puzzler or a platformer or an endless something, but that story, as presented, sounded compelling!

Quote:
Any information is really interesting to me. I'd like to know what kind of weirdoes I'm dealing with.
Really super-intelligent, nice, polite, kind, good-looking, etc., etc., I'm sure!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
That's okay, I love, love, love your game despite the bugs (and control issues), and rated it highly on iTunes with a nice review too. Kill the hate with looooooovvvvvve.
Well, a new version has gone up to the App Store today. I have super-crushed TWO annoying crashes. Count 'em! TWWWWOOOOO. I'm hoping that your freaky-deaky crash is one of them! I have had NOOOOO sleep! And caffeeeeine!*

Quote:
I was most interested in Incoboto because of the story! That's what caught my eye and then the graphics made me want to buy it for sure. I wasn't sure if I was getting a puzzler or a platformer or an endless something, but that story, as presented, sounded compelling!
Now that is... quite unexpected! But Dear God it bodes well for the next game...

*read this part in an Invader Zim voice.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:42 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Exactly that! Thank you for saving me the typing.

Must admit a painful fact, Dene. Haven't finished the game yet.
In fact, I had to start over as I switched to my new iPad 3. But, never got around to even get near my iPad 2 savepoint as of yet.
But now that there is love for Retina on the new iPad and you are polishing your gem even more, I really REALLY should get back into this game again gosh darnit!
Shame on me!

PS: Your awesome game is the first icon (deserves it) on the first row in my "Adventure" group. The second practical purpose is that I am most likely to continue on your game before the others get a shot.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:25 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
a) The graphics
b) My background (Fable)
g) The weird name.
I'd have to go with a mix of A, B, C and D.

The graphics in the initial TA forum thread were intriguing, and earned my subscription to the thread. Your background in AAA titles led me to believe that the game would be polished. My history with games like Metroid and Castlevania draws me to exploration-ish games, and my experience with old-school adventure games (think old Sierra/Lucasarts games) leaves me with much nostalgia for puzzles (and exploration puzzles!).

I wasn't disappointed; beautiful game.

This was also the first game that I've ever felt compelled to gift to multiple people!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssylex View Post
I'd have to go with a mix of A, B, C and D.
This was also the first game that I've ever felt compelled to gift to multiple people!
Thanks so much!

I love Metroid, but Symphony of the Night must be one of the finest games ever created. Really, really amazing in scope and such fun to uncover every square.

Incidentally, you might like another really old game that inspired me a lot: "Exile".
Old 08-02-2012, 10:44 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Hey, no problem folks. Thanks for the support - as ever. I hate every one of you who posted a bug, by the way. :-) Hate. And love. But mostly hate.

Well maybe a bit of love.

I'll be doing some more bug-fixes over the next week or so (will it never frickin' end?!), and maybe up the rez of a few more bits and pieces here and there. Then, I'm afraid, I'm AFK for about a month!

In the meantime, I have a question to ask (and not in a poll!).
When you first heard about Incoboto, were you most interested in it because of:

a) The graphics
b) My background (Fable)
g) The weird name.

The reason I ask is that I have been sooooo impressed by the general niceness and intelligence of the Inco fans, and I'm trying to figure out what brings those kinds of people together in their interest for a game like this. 'Cos it's a damned weird, depressing, bleak game, really...

Any information is really interesting to me. I'd like to know what kind of weirdoes I'm dealing with.
For me it was mostly the positive feedback regarding its story and unusual world/environment. I love strange settings.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:48 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Thanks so much!

I love Metroid, but Symphony of the Night must be one of the finest games ever created. Really, really amazing in scope and such fun to uncover every square.

Incidentally, you might like another really old game that inspired me a lot: "Exile".
Exile was a fantastic game,i think it was the amiga version i played and it was the reason i bought Waking Mars i just love the exploration part,but Exile was a very clever game.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captive View Post
Exile was a fantastic game,i think it was the amiga version i played and it was the reason i bought Waking Mars i just love the exploration part,but Exile was a very clever game.
One of my minor claims to fame was working with one of Exile's conversion coders on Dungeon Keeper. Woot!
Old 08-04-2012, 05:36 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
One of my minor claims to fame was working with one of Exile's conversion coders on Dungeon Keeper. Woot!
Oh wow. I'd think working on Dungeon Keeper at all would be a MAJOR feather in anyone's cap, hehe.