★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-01-2012, 01:27 AM
Awesome game! Dene you're inspirational mate, great game.

Love the whole aura of the game.
03-01-2012, 01:42 AM
Developed by one person? Really? Wow... just wow.
This fact and watching a bit of Sanuku's gameplay video made me hit that BUY button and I cannot wait to give this a try after work.
Also: Fluttermind sounds close to Fluttershy, and Fluttershy's cutiemark is a butterfly (multiple actually) so it's all these little things that help a bit with that purchase lol. (Yes, I went there.)

iPhone 4 -> Galaxy S4 -> OnePlus One -> iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Gray... it's good to be back!

Equine with vulpine tendencies.

Last edited by Pony; 03-01-2012 at 01:45 AM.

03-01-2012, 03:07 AM
Thanks again for the kind words, folks.

Yup. It was just me, all by myself in a house full of synthesizers. I might post a pic of the weirder ones at some point.

Enjoy my pain. :-)

Anyone having crash issues: I'm pretty sure it's the 'iPad running out of memory' thing as opposed to the game being unstable. Inco takes a fair bit of memory to run, so you might want to close a few of the apps you're running in the background.

If that doesn't work, try re-setting the iPad. This forces all memory resources to become available.

I've found the same thing with other people's apps all the time - especially if they're BIG. There's not much devs can do about it. Did you know this problem is the #1 cause of 1-star reviews these days for many developers? It's pretty scary.
03-01-2012, 04:20 AM
By far one of my personal best on the console...just wish i had more time to help more during the beta....But aside from that what i did play was astonishing ...I must have recommended this to everyone i know with a ipad....top notch gaming for real gamers who want a emotive casual expierience...hats off to dene...AND buy the soundtrack!

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..
03-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Beautiful, sad, original, funny, engaging, fun -- what more can I say? Easily one of the best games I've played on any platform recently.

It may be just me, but I'm getting a bit of a Zelda feel, with every planet system working as its own little dungeon.

In any event, this is a must buy for anyone who takes iOS gaming seriously.
03-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene View Post
Thanks again for the kind words, folks.

Yup. It was just me, all by myself in a house full of synthesizers. I might post a pic of the weirder ones at some point.

...snip...
Nice to know....i am one of those peeps who also has a studio full of gear....

Btw...also a Cirklon user....?

Edit :....now it comes to my mind...i remember you from Fable 2....

OldskoolNL.nl : "Not Old, Just Older"

Last edited by RodmanSan; 03-01-2012 at 08:19 AM.
03-01-2012, 08:29 AM
This is beautiful.

It looks amazing, is endearing. Gameplay and controls are brilliant. I have nothing - NOTHING negative to say about this so far. The best IOS game I've played for a very, very long time and that this has been created by one person is awe-inspiring.

Every day I seem to encounter people that make me realise I'm less intelligent and talented in every respect than I thought I was until that point!

Nice work!

Jamie.
03-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodmanSan View Post
Nice to know....i am one of those peeps who also has a studio full of gear....

Btw...also a Cirklon user....?

Edit :....now it comes to my mind...i remember you from Fable 2....
And from Fable 1, too. And a bit of Fable 3. Toooo many years on one franchise.

No Cirklon, but a whole bunch of eurorack, an old Roland D-50, a Tenori-On, a desktop Evolver and my nice little OP-1 (which features prominently on the Gateway system music).

Folks may not know I have an album of the game music here:

http://denecarter.bandcamp.com/album...the-soundtrack

It's at much, much higher definition and features a bonus track. You, too can relive the massive depressive crush of Incoboto while out jogging in heavy traffic. :-)

Anyway, thanks so much for the kind words. I genuinely did this for no other reason. If I had, I'd have given it an easier-to-remember name.

And yes, the Zelda series is one of my all-time favourites, so the spirit is probably strongly in there somewhere.
03-01-2012, 09:40 AM
@dev: Have you tried this on the smaller device at all? I personally prefer gaming on iPad, but at times, iPod is just more convenient. I mean, if people don't mind playing Final Fantasy Tactics and GTA and Cave games on smaller screens, i am sure they'd take this up. Plus, it increases your addressable market. That said some games are truly only for the iPad even if universal versions exist (like the ones i mentioned above ) Am off to buy this and see for myself.

PS: Interesting pricing strategy, hope the game does well with it.

---------------------------
Mom Says Get Married!!
03-01-2012, 10:03 AM
just spend a few minutes with it yet.. but its absolutely beautiful !