Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-24-2012, 04:01 PM

Default WheelTurn System - Apostle

Hi guys

I've searched this thread but am SO stuck on getting the 65th star on Apostle. I have one orb and am able to "light" the other orb stand to the left of the generator. But the protection around the star on the tree doesnt seem to vanish. How do I do this?

Any help wouuld be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Old 12-30-2012, 11:12 AM

FYI: I sorted out Gurmukh's stuckyness via Twitter. Happy Incoboto-ing! Oh, and Holidays, too. Those should also be happy.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decimoo View Post
Dene - first off, can I say along with everyone else, what a fantastic experience this game is! Thank you.

But, I've been stuck for a day now on how to get the starpiece out of the box on Shield. I've been in and out via the portals, but can't jump to get it. Can you give me a clue?! No doubt I'm missing something horribly obvious, but hey

Also, is there a way to jump when swinging on the grapple hook, from lower to higher? I keep trying to move in the way I would swing on ropes in Worms or the like, but don't know if this is utterly futile...

If anyone can help me, I'll appreciate it!

Deci

Duh. Sussed it about 5 mins after posting!
See, the thing about writing a post like this is that it forces you to explain your problem in a very precise way... often illuminating the solution along the way.

If I were a wise Zen master, I'd be nodding sagely about now.
But I'm not, so I won't. I'd look like a tool.

Glad your problem's gone away!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:47 PM

I'm currently on the Infinity planet of the BrightSky system where you can focus the sun's beam and the dark squid-like creatures shoot out towards the sun, but I can't seem to figure out what to do.

Do you just burn the little guys until something else happens? Or am I missing something? Seems like I've spent several minutes of shooting them without anything going forward.

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:53 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerian View Post
Do you just burn the little guys until something else happens? Or am I missing something? Seems like I've spent several minutes of shooting them without anything going forward.
Look for the weak spot (the bright spot that appears amidst the black mass) and focus the beam on that. Eliminate 2 or 3 of them and that should do it!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Look for the weak spot (the bright spot that appears amidst the black mass) and focus the beam on that. Eliminate 2 or 3 of them and that should do it!
Ah, that did it. I also realized that you can change the size of the targeting circle by how far apart your fingers are and that's how you focus - I thought focusing was simply getting the beam to appear.

Thanks again!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:23 AM

Oopsy. Terminology-fail on my part, obviously. God knows how it's going to be to describe Bemuse's interface. It's looking like being a much deeper game...
Old 01-27-2013, 04:19 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Default Stuck on pity

I have been doing so well until now. Just can't reach that grapple and have tried all sorts of jumps from the serenity platform, as well as how I jump through the portal from serenity, but nothing seems to work. Would really appreciate some help.

Never mind just kept trying and after an hour I got the angle of the jump right!

Last edited by Incoaddict; 01-27-2013 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: Solved
Old 01-27-2013, 06:06 PM

A general rule of thumb: if a jump seems impossibly hard, there's probably a different solution. I think that jump is one that has quite a different solution. ;-)
Old 02-12-2013, 11:19 AM

Default BAFTA nomination

I'm rather thrilled to be able to tell you guys that Incoboto has just been nominated in the 'Best Mobile and Handheld Game' category of the BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) awards.

For those who don't know, it's kind of like the British Oscars - a really respected institution. I was at Lionhead when we picked one up in 2009 for Fable 2 in 'Best Action and Adventure Game', but that was a team of 100+ people.

I'm both impressed by the BAFTA committee's pushing of videogames as an art form, and humbled by the other games nominated alongside Inco: The Room... The Walking Dead... yikes!