★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: SHOOT FIRST. ASK QUESTIONS LATER...

A simple bank job, yeah right. Get in, get the combination, get to the vault and get out so they said. When put like that it sounds easy. What actually happened is a whole different story ...

Version 1.1
--------------------------------------
Brand new Survival mode
All new Game Center leaderboards
Visually improved user interface
--------------------------------------
FEATURES
Fast-paced rail shooter action
Action packed gun fights
Many weapons to gut the bank
Destructible environments
Compelling motion capture cut scenes tell the tale of HEIST in full force.
Professional voice actors
Experience high resolution graphics with dynamic music and sounds effects

Heist tells the thrilling story of a daring bank robbery set in the prohibition era of 1920s America. A carefully comprised plan with as little mess as possible turns horribly wrong, leaving you to fight your way out of an impossible situation. What are you willing to do to come out on top?

You begin the story as a low level enforcer for the mafia working under the enigmatic Salvatore Da Luca, a veteran from the recently ended Great War. Once he inspired acts of valour in the trenches, now he uses those same qualities for greed and corruption by liberating banks of their excess holdings.

Sal doesnt work alone, his trusted associate Giuseppe Gallo always teams up for the score. Hes known as the loose cannon who can wind up being more trouble than hes worth. Shoot first; ask question later is how he operates. He has a grudge with the world, and hes not too fond of you either. You better make sure not to put a foot wrong.

The bank just opened and the score's all set, are you in?

What the fans are saying:

***** by Leggam13
Awesome action shooter - This is a lot of fun.

"The game's whole feelings is nice. The picture is great. You need to try this game." -- best10apps.com

Toad In The Hole's comments:

03-01-2012, 07:52 AM
If this plays as smooth as Rage, this is a muzzbuy.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

03-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
If this plays as smooth as Rage, this is a muzzbuy.
My only problem with Rage is the way you end up fighting the automatic camera controls when trying reach goodies like ammo and health packs. In a way, it gives you too much control over camera movement, but then forces you down it on-rails path, which makes the experience (for me) awkward and not very enjoyable.

I'm hoping that this works more like House of the Dead, where you can target only what's visible on the screen. Definitely intrigued, and at .99, kind of a no-brainer.
03-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
My only problem with Rage is the way you end up fighting the automatic camera controls when trying reach goodies like ammo and health packs. In a way, it gives you too much control over camera movement, but then forces you down it on-rails path, which makes the experience (for me) awkward and not very enjoyable.

I'm hoping that this works more like House of the Dead, where you can target only what's visible on the screen. Definitely intrigued, and at .99, kind of a no-brainer.
Rage camera shifts dont really bother me. Like most rails shooters, memorizing the paths and item locations are a part of the replay must-dos anyway.

Youre right about the price bit... 0.99 and it should be in everyone's device.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Rage camera shifts dont really bother me. Like most rails shooters, memorizing the paths and item locations are a part of the replay must-dos anyway.

Youre right about the price bit... 0.99 and it should be in everyone's device.
Rage is comfortably one of my top five iOS games of all time. And it's place in my personal 'hall of fame' was further cemented by the excellent recent update and additional content. Therefore, thanks to JC's on-rails masterpiece, HEIST is definitely an instabuy for me tonight!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
03-01-2012, 08:10 AM
I`ll give it a try
03-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post

And the fact its 2gb... (Rage)

Cant wait for midnight this looks awesomes!

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??
03-01-2012, 09:51 AM
I'll give it a go looks awesome!!!

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan
03-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Looks cool. Hoping to see some impressions. Info on content, controls, etc.

Twitter: @back2this
03-01-2012, 03:58 PM
No impressions yet?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"