★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mr Moo
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 17.3 MB
  • Version: 1.2.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Worzled a Definition - A game-induced state of happy confusion. Symptoms include failure to account for the recent passing of time. Thought to be induced by prolonged exposure to the app of the same name.

Worzled is the innovative and addictive new word game that feels so familiar, you will be convinced you've been playing it for years. The new reason why you get less done!

Are you a level junkie or a high score chaser? A crossword nut or word search fanatic? Worzled's intuitive gameplay suits all abilities, expect it to ensnare you in seconds. The challenge is to slide your way out

Slide the tiles up, down, left and right to rearrange the letters into words. Longer words get higher scores. Gold tiles higher than silver; silver tiles higher than bronze. Line up multiple words in one go to watch your score grow.

As your level progresses, your tiles disappear. The only thing that stays put is the target score for that level. If you panic, you wont be the first which is why theres a button for that. And if you get beyond panic, beyond addiction, beyond knowing how long youve been playing youll end up Worzled. Luckily theres a button for that, too. Watch as some of your tiles are reset, giving you another chance to reach the target.

Give Worzled 5 minutes, we'll take care of the rest of your day!

IoanFD's comments:
Updated today to be 3GS compatible and on sale for 0.99c/0.69p

Description:
Worzled is a word game with a difference, its as much puzzle as word game if not more so. We took the concept of a perpetually scrollable grid, added word play and over 40 levels of ever increasing difficult.

To play you slide the tiles up, down, left and right to rearrange the letters into words. Longer words get higher scores. Gold tiles higher than silver; silver tiles higher than bronze. Multiple words can be submitted in one go to achieve bonuses.

As the level progresses, the tiles disappear. The only thing that is constant is the target score for that level. If the player panics and can't finish the level they can reach for the panic button, which will reset some of the tiles giving the player another chance to reach the target. Panics can be earn't by scoring bonuses. The game can't be completed without panics in the bank.

If panicking doesn't work they will end up Worzled. Theres a button for that too which resets the level.

Give Worzled 5 minutes, we'll take care of the rest of your day!
03-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Grabbed 9F6HHAWT9YLE

Love word games and will give some thoughts on this when I get some time later today to go over this one.

Thanks for the code.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5

03-01-2012, 11:28 AM
I hope you like it, but all thoughts good and bad greatly received.
03-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Grabbed 6LWEMEE944TM. Thanks!

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
03-01-2012, 01:45 PM
KFT9MHH7N9XT
Thanks !!!
03-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Game Impressions

I've had a little time to play with it, and will post more when I get a chance, but so far it's a very nice change of pace word game. Those that played the first Imangi will find the game play similar. Think Rubic's Cube for words. You can slide letters horizontally and vertically to form words and you job is to link the words in a Scrabble type fashion. the obvious challenge is getting new words into place without messing up those you've already completed.

Where the game differs is after submitting the words will then remove the letters from the board and you keep going until you can reach the target score. There are some letters that are worth more and you can earn more points by constructing words using tiles of the same color.

There is also a panic button that lets you bring back some letters. I haven't used that yet, but I'm guessing that the letters are random so you don't know if your panic will work. You also get a set amount of them to begin.

The game has that Zen feel to it since it isn't timed and allows you to go at your own pace. But I do think that the devs could add a mode that adds a timer and if you pass a certainly time letters start dropping off. This would give a great since of urgency to the game and, since it's just a separate mode, would still allow those who don't like to be rushed to enjoy.

I'd also add something like bonus tiles for making longer words or stringing together long words. This is the type of thing we've seen in games like "Bookworm". Getting a longer word could change a couple of tiles to other colors and allow you to get higher scores.

The only downside I see to this is that the price might scare people off. I know that it's ridiculous that $2 for a game might sound high, but I think that in the App World the devs would sell far more games at $1. It doesn't effect me, but I know that it does some and I would suggest a "half off launch sale" right away. Build the game up and then move to $2. The game is worth the price as is, but a quick scan of the app store will tell you what people think games are worth.

All in all a very fun game, that I think with a few more tweaks could be even better. I wish Mr. Moo much success with the game!

Agent of TOFTT
03-01-2012, 03:05 PM
BTW... went to post on the app store and they wouldn't let me... I'll try again later and see if will change. It's telling me that I have to download it first.

Agent of TOFTT
03-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWit View Post
I've had a little time to play with it, and will post more when I get a chance, but so far it's a very nice change of pace word game. Those that played the first Imangi will find the game play similar. Think Rubic's Cube for words. You can slide letters horizontally and vertically to form words and you job is to link the words in a Scrabble type fashion. the obvious challenge is getting new words into place without messing up those you've already completed.

Where the game differs is after submitting the words will then remove the letters from the board and you keep going until you can reach the target score. There are some letters that are worth more and you can earn more points by constructing words using tiles of the same color.

There is also a panic button that lets you bring back some letters. I haven't used that yet, but I'm guessing that the letters are random so you don't know if your panic will work. You also get a set amount of them to begin.

The game has that Zen feel to it since it isn't timed and allows you to go at your own pace. But I do think that the devs could add a mode that adds a timer and if you pass a certainly time letters start dropping off. This would give a great since of urgency to the game and, since it's just a separate mode, would still allow those who don't like to be rushed to enjoy.

I'd also add something like bonus tiles for making longer words or stringing together long words. This is the type of thing we've seen in games like "Bookworm". Getting a longer word could change a couple of tiles to other colors and allow you to get higher scores.

The only downside I see to this is that the price might scare people off. I know that it's ridiculous that $2 for a game might sound high, but I think that in the App World the devs would sell far more games at $1. It doesn't effect me, but I know that it does some and I would suggest a "half off launch sale" right away. Build the game up and then move to $2. The game is worth the price as is, but a quick scan of the app store will tell you what people think games are worth.

All in all a very fun game, that I think with a few more tweaks could be even better. I wish Mr. Moo much success with the game!
Thank you for your really detailed feed back. From a bonus perspective we kept it simple and you get point bonuses for stringing words together and making longer words.

When building the game we always aimed for a non timed game, but I really like your suggest for a timed game -

'The game has that Zen feel to it since it isn't timed and allows you to go at your own pace. But I do think that the devs could add a mode that adds a timer and if you pass a certainly time letters start dropping off. This would give a great since of urgency to the game and, since it's just a separate mode, would still allow those who don't like to be rushed to enjoy.'

Watch this space you never know.

Last edited by IoanFD; 03-01-2012 at 03:14 PM.
03-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Been playing a little more and really think that the timed mode would be a great add.

As it is now I get on, do a couple of levels and then leave. I think I'm on level 13 now and I'm finding that I'm doing the same thing with every level. I link all the gold tiles I can first and get the words and points from that, and then do the same with the other colors. That has gotten me plenty of points to move on. Sure there are less gold tiles in each round, but I haven't even come close to even seeing what the Panic buttons do as of yet.

The timed would make me use the tiles differently and push some excitement into the game.

I'd also add some achievements into the game. I'd like to see some that are not the "grind out" type. All of them now take a long time to get and other than the one for "Clearing the board", can't be done on one level.

I'm thinking achievements like "Three six letter words in one grid" or strange like "Start and End with a W". It's these type of out of the box achievements that make people try for things they normally wouldn't do.

And as for the "Clearing the Grid" achievement... That's pretty hard because once you get the target number the grid resets. Best I've done is about 75% before the grid resets.

Anyway, just wanted to add a few more thoughts.

Agent of TOFTT
03-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWit View Post
Been playing a little more and really think that the timed mode would be a great add.

As it is now I get on, do a couple of levels and then leave. I think I'm on level 13 now and I'm finding that I'm doing the same thing with every level. I link all the gold tiles I can first and get the words and points from that, and then do the same with the other colors. That has gotten me plenty of points to move on. Sure there are less gold tiles in each round, but I haven't even come close to even seeing what the Panic buttons do as of yet.

The timed would make me use the tiles differently and push some excitement into the game.

I'd also add some achievements into the game. I'd like to see some that are not the "grind out" type. All of them now take a long time to get and other than the one for "Clearing the board", can't be done on one level.

I'm thinking achievements like "Three six letter words in one grid" or strange like "Start and End with a W". It's these type of out of the box achievements that make people try for things they normally wouldn't do.

And as for the "Clearing the Grid" achievement... That's pretty hard because once you get the target number the grid resets. Best I've done is about 75% before the grid resets.

Anyway, just wanted to add a few more thoughts.
We a seriously thinking about timed mode at present.

A quick tip though the game finishes on level 46 when you need to score 500 points, which is impossible without panics. Now is the time to be banking them as trust me you'll need them. So conversely you need to try and score many more points than the early levels need to earn the bonuses to earn the panics. Obviously the only way to do this string many words together.

I'm liking the idea of strange achievements though, but that's how my mind works.

Thank you again though as you are giving me some great ideas.