★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***Not tested on an iPad 3! The interface is probably a bit broken at iPad retina display resolution***

Hone your pattern matching skills by dropping shapes and creating sets of three based on their color, shape, and fill style.

To create a set, any or all of those properties must be all the same or all different. An interactive tutorial teaches you this basic rule in no time, but the real pleasure comes in sharpening your mind through thoughtful play.

NORMAL MODE
Create sets to destroy adjacent blocks that push up from the bottom of the grid every 8 turns. There's no prize for fastest fingers here, so you can take your time looking for the perfect pattern and mulling over larger strategies for achieving that high score.

CHALLENGE MODE
Only those perfect sets in which shape, color, and style agree are allowed in this mode, while a timer keeps your brain buzzing.

EXPRESS MODE
You have 50 turns to break as many blocks as possible. Unlike the other game modes, points are received in Express for destroying blocks, not making sets.

GAME CENTER
Leaderboard support allows you to compare your highest scores against those of friends and strangers.
03-02-2012, 06:13 AM
The game doesn't sell itself at face value I take it?

03-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Game Impressions

Been playing this extensively over the last couple of days, and it's just about won its way into my favourite puzzle game on the iOS. Great design, terrific depth, and three modes which almost feel like separate games yet all teach you more about the game as a whole and improve your overall skill. Wake up people, sheesh!
03-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Looks like Drop7. Any similarities?

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
03-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Looks like Drop7. Any similarities?
That was what caught my eye initially as well. No similarities beyond aesthetic. Well, and the fact that you are dropping blocks down a grid in both. But the strategy and goal of the game are completely different. I do think this game will appeal to a similar type of gamer as Drop7 did though, because both call for a thoughtful, deliberate play style, and both reveal real depth once the basics are learnt and understood.
03-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
The game doesn't sell itself at face value I take it?
The description positions the app as yet another "match"-style game in the sea of hundreds, it is pretty damn ugly, there's no immediate evidence of compelling gameplay, and it costs $2. All of that is more than enough reason for most people to pass on by to more interesting releases, regardless of the game's merits.
03-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
The description positions the app as yet another "match"-style game in the sea of hundreds, it is pretty damn ugly, there's no immediate evidence of compelling gameplay, and it costs $2. All of that is more than enough reason for most people to pass on by to more interesting releases, regardless of the game's merits.
Yes, I understood that. And it would be their loss, hence my gentle prodding. Don't worry though, three prods is my limit, and even that's reserved for special cases.

P.S. I disagree about it being ugly.
03-04-2012, 02:21 AM
I like the artistic style, and think it reflects the title's historical reference well. Seriously thinking of giving this one a shot.